Splitting the Transducer to Create two outputs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcaswell

Reaction score
can I split one transducer cable line ( trans mounted to the trolling motor) to have two outputs for multiple head unit mounting locations in my boat?

Bc i mount the Fishfinder in the back on the steering console sometimes and on the front deck while fishing. I only need one transducer up front but want to create to seperate plug in so there are not wires running all over the boat. thank you

About to finish my MonArk1648 Mode!

great thank you! that is awesome but..

At $280 bucks, I might run the two transducer cables to the mounting points and just manually hook them up -- !!

That switch mentioned above should work for you. But, let me ask a few questions and make a posible suggestion.

1. You say that sometimes you mount it on your console and sometimes up front. Do you already have two mounting brackets and two transducers?

2. When you have it mounted on the console, do you want to be able to use it while running the outboard? I say this because if your transducer is on your TM, you will only be able to use your FF when you are trolliing (you may already realize that)

I didn't see a price for the switch, but you may want to consider a second mounting bracket (on the console) and transducer (on the transom) as an alternative to the switch. That way, you can use the FF up front while your fishing, and on the console while your running.

That airmar box looks like it will only work with Airmar products... and I don't think Lowrance is an Airmar product (I WAS WRONG!!! it is an Airmar)

I think one of the easiest things for you to do is this:

1: set up a connection (power, transom transducer) with a bracket at the console.

2: set up a connection (power, Trolling motor Transducer) with a bracket on the bow.

Then just unplug your unit from the bracket, power and transducer from each spot and then hook it up at the other location.

Or... mount it on a Ram Mount and swivel the unit around to where you can see it up front while you are on the trolling motor. It's kind of a pain in the rear when you just want to reach down from the bow to hit a waypoint - but it might suffice until you save up and put a little more money into an additional unit for the front.

I wonder if the Elite 7 is compatible with a unit like the HDS 5 - and then all you would need is an ethernet cable to hook the two units to each other and share information

Latest posts