STARCRAFT SERIAL NUMBERS

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richg99 said:
Calculating your boat's capacity.

https://www.boat-ed.com/pennsylvania/studyGuide/Calculating-Capacity-and-the-Capacity-Plate/101039_101039022/

How did u get it registrared?
Thanks chuck

Chuck, I think that the original poster was from Canada.

I blew up his picture of the boat that was posted earlier in this thread. His boat does not have the STATE letters that normally show up in US registrations, and the sign behind his boat says Candian Tire ( i think).

Hence, unless you are in Canada too, you will have to check your local State rules.

Boats prior to 1972 did not have an HIN number mandated. His motor was a 1971 Mercury, so I suspect his boat was a prior to 1972 boat also. Hope this helps.

richg99

jester49 said:
This is the boat any idea what year it Is?
b0edec8438123668053604b388be4cb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
A good friend has one just like it, his is a 1976 ‘Holiday 15’ model.

AnglerRoy said:
DaleH said:
I’ll have him send me a photo of his capacity plate ...

Dale, just curious, by having him send you his plate, does that mean you can make or get a new one made up somehow?
Here is the capacity plate from his Starcraft Holiday 15, as attached:

Holiday15.jpg

FWIW I know people who have had good sign shops make up replacement cap plates for them, even just using a good UV-proof (clear vinyl overlay) 'sticker' applied over a suitable piece of tin. Cheers!

richg99 said:
Ha Ha 150 lbs per person! Must not be in Texas.
Great point Rich, but recall that is a 1975 plate.

Per USCG: “As of December 1, 2011 the United States Coast Guard’s calculated vessel capacity has changed. Why? Apparently, because we have changed. Since 1960, the USCG has calculated a vessel’s capacity based on an average weight of 160 pounds for each individual. That average weight has now changed to 185 pounds, and with it, so has the capacity of vessels. So make sure you recalculate your boat’s capacity before heading out for your next sunset harbor cruise.”

... I betcha the # is now even higher :shock: !

Hi, I have the same issue here. I just bought a 14ft 1956 Starcraft Aluminium Boat. I couldn't find a serial printed on the boat anywhere. The title does show a serial number. How can I register this boat in Oklahoma without the serial number printed on the boat? Help!!

The good thing is it is a pre 1974?? boat. How do you know that and how could you prove that, if there is no number on the boat? 

I've read about people who steal a current boat, but register it under some old numbers that they pulled off of an old junked boat.  How well do you know the seller?

In Texas, I have been told, that any boat without numbers on it is presumed to have been stolen. Current boats, I have been told, always have the serial number on them in TWO places. One on the tag in the back, and again printed or scribed under a seat or the front deck. Looking with a flashlight and your wife's makeup mirror can help find such numbers, if the boat even has them.

If your boat is registered, you may be able to transfer it, depending on the laws of your State. Where are you?

In Texas, you have to come with a clear photo or a scribed record of the imprinted number in the stern. Worse case here is that a TPW officer will inspect the boat to determined if it has been reported stolen at some time. If so, you lose the boat. If not, he may arrange for a number to be assigned to the boat, which may be what happened when the first guy registered it.

A talk with the seller may prove fruitful.

Sorry ....