Susquehanna Flats 3.28.09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl_rotary

Reaction score
A friend of mine named Zane and I took his 23fter out to the flats hoping for some striper action. We launched from Port Deposit, we didnt get on the water till about 1130am. Water temps were around 48 degrees for majority of the day. We tried a few spots with no luck, we even tried for some white perch and nothing. We sat up near Lapidium boat ramp and tried an assortment of lures, plastics. Did see a guy C&R 1 at 42" using cut herring, right out front of the boat ramp area next to us. There were quite a few guys fishing out near us and I even saw 2 kayaks out there as well.
IMGP2663.jpg

IMGP2658.jpg

We talked to a few other anglers, there were 2 guys that were leaving as we were getting there that C&R 1 at 40" on cut herring. When we were leaving and there were 4 guys that C&R 2, not sure what size, also on cut herring. Wish we had some herring, instead we got skunk :p Hope to get back out there again soon, this was my first trip out there so I cant wait to give it another try, next time I am bringing some herring :).We called it a day around 745pm.

Latest posts