Terminal Fuse Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linesider

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of my new wiring for my jon boat and I'm looking for options for wiring the TM. I decided not to buy a new TM at this time since the boat came with an older Minn Kota 35# thrust. Until I buy a new TM I don't want to put the money into a more costly circuit breaker either. I just found out about terminal fuses and wanted to get the opinions of those here since I've never heard anyone mention them. I understand they function the same way as any fuse but I would think there would be an advantage to using the terminal fuse since it's placed at the battery and would protect the entire wire leading from the battery. What I can't find is if the fuse housing can be opened to replace the blown fuse or if the entire housing has to be purchased again. Thanks for the help!

As an FYI, the circuit breaker is $36 on Amazon.

KRS

I just use a 60 amp fuse like this spliced in 1 foot from the battery. I also carry a spare if needed and I never had a problem and they are not that pricey.

Attachments

• pRS1C-2265087w345[1].jpg
    pRS1C-2265087w345[1].jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 424

Latest posts