The Alabama Rig

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the Alabama Rig be allowed in Tournaments

• Yes, it should be allowed in tournaments.

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No, it should not be allowed in tournaments.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • My mom must have been sleeping when she dressed me this morning.

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
bassboy1 said:
Is the Alabama rig anything new? Nope, striper guys have been using it for years,and just have kept it somewhat quiet.

No one keeps umbrella rigs quiet - and I never saw anyone cast an umbrella rig?

:twisted: Bass Pro Adrian Avena of Vineland, NJ was throwing this rig at a Menantico Lake tourney today. He was chucking this thing flawlessly on a baitcaster setup. What a cool looking rig. His team ended up in third place, both fish came on the Alabama rig.

Attachments

• Menantico1.jpg
    Menantico1.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 1,300
Tie on 4 Alabama rigs! :LOL2:

I guess this would still be "legal" too..... #-o

[youtube]TyftJByLORE[/youtube]

to me high -end competition is in place to push the envelope. be people down the chain benefit. motorsports,fishing,archery,sports ect all follow the same pattern. as a whole it is to our overall detriment to limit progress.

yes if used properly it is very effective in the fall baitfish driven pattern,and if used irresponsibly it could hurt a eco-system. i feel that is a small chance since most people now rarely if, ever keep and eat bass.
it is not like it is magic you can cast any where anytime and kill them on it still takes knowledge of the fish and lake to catch fish on it.

Jim said:
Boom.............

That is how you get aid my friends. Selling out to the big boys.

https://www.thealabamarig.com/

Wonder what the price tag was? I've heard that there were several "Big Boys" bidding on it.

I'm still waiting for my turn to sell a great idea. :wink: