Throttle cam

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1648grizz

Reaction score
Would anyone know what the difference might be between the throttle cam on a 25HP Johnson and a 30HP Johnson ? I just put a 30HP carb on my 25HP Johnson . I did read a post that said you also need to change the cam , they look identical but different part # . Maybe the timing notch ?

Thanks

1648grizz said:
Would anyone know what the difference might be between the throttle cam on a 25HP Johnson and a 30HP Johnson ? I just put a 30HP carb on my 25HP Johnson . I did read a post that said you also need to change the cam , they look identical but different part # . Maybe the timing notch ?

Thanks

Pappy said:
Usually it is the cam profile that changes on them.
Cam profiles and pick-up timing can both change the running quality of the engine pretty drastically.
Thanks Pappy , for $13.00 I will order one.It seems that when the roller leaves the cam at WOT the cam has nothing to do with WOT, or am I over looking something ?

Unless the cam end where it hits the timing stop is different I cant see it doing anything past 1/4 throttle or wherever it comes off of the cam.