Tin Boats.net annual get together.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bass n flats said:
What is distance most members would travel to attend an event?

Depends on if BassAddict is going to be there. If he is...I might be willing to walk to my front door. If he's not.....I might go anywhere. :roll:

BassAddict -we are road tripping to Fenders! We can take a month or two and really hand out there!

What is for Dinner Mr. Fender?

Captain Ahab said:
BassAddict -we are road tripping to Fenders! We can take a month or two and really hand out there!

make it in early june stop by my place in ill. i will let you fish my pond
i have a pool too but the pond will be good for you.
we can have a laugh when i sick the dogs on BA

how about lake cumberland @ state dock i work there part time for 2nd job and there is always something there, live bands plenty of dock, plus at state park with lodge and cabins plus, its in south central ky about 20 miles from tn. line central located perfect lake for tins also could make arrangements for discounts and if you dont want to bring your tin rent one all of the house boats are alum hall look at there website boaters paridise and i am from florida. www.statedock.com also they do a antique boat show in sept. just dont come for poker run inless you want tin to sink

FishingCop said:
I know there was some local events here in the Midwest (Illinois/Wisconsin area) Not sure if anyone else hosted or had an outing elsewhere since 2009??? Contact wasilvers, a member from Wisconsin who has organized some rally's in the Midwest :)

Maybe some other member can chime in here with info on any other outings they had in the past??

I love your idea of organizing a national TinBoats event - somewhere that many members can participate. I organized the first one in 2009, along with Jim and other members who helped out at the Dale Hollow Lake. I actually drove down from the Chicago area to visit and assess several resorts on the lake and worked out special rates for our group. It took a lot of time and effort to bring it all together. I had help from Jim and other local members like BassNbob (who lives close to Dale Hollow) and others. Point being, to organize a national event, it will take a lot of time and effort AND help from other members to make it happen.

Go for it and try to make it happen, good luck and I hope you can organize a great outing/rally/get together for the TinBoats group.

Good morning everyone,

I understand that there is some interest in a TinBoats.net annual get together and that’s great. I put it out there because I was interested and was curious how many others would show interest as well, or if such a thing even existed. I didn’t see anything on the sight about it so I really didn’t know if this was something that was ever tried before or not.

However TinBoats.net owner and admen’s would have to champion this cause if it was to have a chance at being successful. I have some ideas and suggestions and I would be willing to help but there is no way one person could do it all. It would have to go on the home page and members would have to get involved.

So if in the future TinBoats.net is going to do this I would gladly help. There are so many things to be considered. Time and location would be at the top of the list. I understand from the post above that this was tried at least once before with a poor turnout, so I would understand the reluctance of the owner and admen’s to try again.

Captain Ahab said:

Come on down. I'm sure we have some crow in the freezer that I can thaw out. My wife usually saves that for me, but this is a "special" event. I'm sure she will understand.

fender66 said:
Captain Ahab said:

Come on down. I'm sure we have some crow in the freezer that I can thaw out. My wife usually saves that for me, but this is a "special" event. I'm sure she will understand.

WE are on our way!

I live near Dale Hollow Lake in kY if thats the same lake from 1st get togather If you guys want help I am not far from there if you want to try it again i could help with rates,discounts etc. just tell me what you want done and I can get on it