To Buy or Not?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airdog_47

Reaction score
I have noticed that Cabellas is selling a Minkoat C2 Endura for 94.99 with a $25 dollar rebate. I travel for work and have an extra $25 gift card from hotel points laying around. My thought is to pick up one of these small motors since it would be $45 to me. My dilemma if it is really needed for my aplication. I have a small 14" V bottom boat with a 6hp Johnson 2 stroke outboard right now. I'm able to idle the motor down to some pretty slow trolling speeds already. I do carry a car battery in the boat right now just to supply power to the finder and lights. My thought that I would need to upgrade that battery for running a trolling motor. Is this just wasting money or should I go with what I have and spend it on more lures? Not sure if electric is a move to take? Because I could always use some new planar boards and more rod holders.

I use to have a 6 hp Johnson and I had a 35 lb minn kota trolling motor. The motor moved the boat quite well. You will need a deep cycle battery if you get the trolling motor. The question to ask yourself is what kind of fishing do you enjoy? If it is for largemouth bass than you should get it. If it is for trolling with planer boards or lead core than no.

I bought a Endura from Cabelas, 34# thrust. I use it on my 14' tinny. Works great for trolling or running around the lake slowly. Battery lasts all day but not 1 1/2 days :mrgreen:

Latest posts