Too hot to fish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am lucky as I am retired so I am availiable when the weather cooperates! I go early in the morning before it gets hot, but...when it is 95 plus...sitting at home in A.C. is better.The perch bite has been good and the freezer is filling up.

A friend of mine has been out on the lake for the last three days. He has been parking it under a bridge and catching some really nice crappie in about 16 feet of water. He heads out at daybreak and returns late afternoon. Yesterday he did not make it to the lake. He is now a resident at the Indian hospital for severe heat exhaustion.

A friend of mine has been out on the lake for the last three days. He has been parking it under a bridge and catching some really nice crappie in about 16 feet of water. He heads out at daybreak and returns late afternoon. Yesterday he did not make it to the lake. He is now a resident at the Indian hospital for severe heat exhaustion.
Been there, done that when I was much younger and dumber, worse part is, you don't realize it until your down and out !! I like to be on rhe lake around 8-9 am then heading back in by 1 pm, the shorter days gives me an excuse to go back out in a day or two !!

Yesterday took the wife to Muskogee for her birthday. She likes Red Lobster. Anyhow I-40 runs over a pretty good section of lake Eufaula. Not one boat to be seen even on a saturday. The water was like glass. Popular area for water sports and there was nobody out and about. Heat index well over 110 degrees.

SoCal temps in the high 90s-low 100s since June. These temps are almost everyday. It’s desert temps, so mostly dry heat, although we have had some high humidity in the last few weeks. Humidity is the worse!

Go out at 7am and off lake by 12pm.

Looking forward to Fall and cooler temps.

Been there, done that when I was much younger and dumber, worse part is, you don't realize it until your down and out !! I like to be on rhe lake around 8-9 am then heading back in by 1 pm, the shorter days gives me an excuse to go back out in a day or two !!

I do the same but try to be on the water just before or at sunrise. Then I'm typically back on the trailer and driving away before noon. Put the boat away & take a long afternoon nap. Life is good! Haha.

Because the lakes I prefer are at least a 1.5 hour drive, I get up pretty early. I sure envy guys that have short rides to get the boat on the water.

Last edited:
I do the same but try to be on the water just before or at sunrise. Then I'm typically back not the trailer and driving away before noon. Put the boat away & take a long afternoon nap. Life is good! Haha.

Because the lakes I prefer are at least a 1.5 hour drive, I get up pretty early. I sure envy guys that have short rides to get the boat on the water.
I have moved my residence just to be closer to the water !!

I have moved my residence just to be closer to the water !!
I'm looking at doing the same soon. I just retired the Wife and I are looking at selling our 130acre farm in a year or 2 and buying a house with a private dock somewhere in Tennessee. Watts bar, and norris lake are at the top of our list.