Toyota what do you think

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good replies guys.If i am understanding all right none of you all would be afraid to drive the car nor am i.As it has never give us a problem.And yes the press dose make things worse.

The odds of anything happening are small to none that anything will happen.But less just say something did i would fell very bad knowing that my truck was setting in the driveway and she could have been driving it ,one of them has to set why not the one with the recall until it can be fixed.

Yes my self prefer the big 3 as that is all i have ever owned.She makes her own cash and payment and that is what she wanted after bad luck with one of the big 3,

mike

:roll: Hey guys, our family owns a mech. shop and most people would not believe how many TSB's as we call them or Technical service bullitens there are for almost every car on the road today. these tsb's are problems that the dealers are aware of but we only have them because we use software called mitchell on demand...the only time anyone else would see this as a recall is if its a " Dangerous condition" go figure....

wolfmjc said:
:roll: Hey guys, our family owns a mech. shop and most people would not believe how many TSB's as we call them or Technical service bullitens there are for almost every car on the road today. these tsb's are problems that the dealers are aware of but we only have them because we use software called mitchell on demand...the only time anyone else would see this as a recall is if its a " Dangerous condition" go figure....

Should I make a forum here just for you to post the recalls as they come in? :LOL2:

poolie said:
....... Most people don't pay attention to what their vehicle is telling them until it's too late anyway.
To do that they would have to hang up their **** cell phone !!! :roll:

DocWatson said:
poolie said:
....... Most people don't pay attention to what their vehicle is telling them until it's too late anyway.
To do that they would have to hang up their **** cell phone !!! :roll:

Concur on that! Talking on the phone, plus leaning on the armrest or slumped to one side while talking, it's a wonder they have any control over the vehicle. :shock:

Alot of this and that/he said she said.
Bottom line would you alowe a loved one to drive if they didn't have to??
IT IS YES OR NO. :?:

If they didn't have to, it could sit or they could drive it.. completely up to them.

All that has to be done is to throw the transmission in neutral until you can get the vehicle to the side of the road and shut it off. If the engine blows because of it, I'm sure that Toyota would replace that too.

Quackrstackr said:
If they didn't have to, it could sit or they could drive it.. completely up to them.

All that has to be done is to throw the transmission in neutral until you can get the vehicle to the side of the road and shut it off. If the engine blows because of it, I'm sure that Toyota would replace that too.
the engine is not going to blow. its just going to bounce off the rev limiter. no harm can be done. go out in your car right now and hold the gas pedal down in neutral. it wont go past about 4500RPM's

Nah, no differant than other recalls. back in 99 we had the dodge mini van recall on the air bag going off for no reason, that one to me is more of a concern than a stuck pedal. at least you can steer where to crash, lol. Nothen worse than a airbag hitting you then your screwed cause your going where ever #-o

But this is a huge recall and its Toyota! so thats why its has everyones attention.

caveman said:
Alot of this and that/he said she said.
Bottom line would you alowe a loved one to drive if they didn't have to??
IT IS YES OR NO. :?:
That is a decision that only you and your loved ones can make.

My ole man told me before he left this funny little globe "There is no such thing as good advise. Whats good for you is not necessarily good for the other guy."

Is there a chance your car could be one that slipped through the cracks and will function fine? yes, But who can tell? I am not too sure about this drive by wire crap, just know that it seems to be a lot of hoopla on the news and it always starts out the same way, One time Ford, One time Dodge, this time Toyota.
Just like the Gas tank thing with Chevy, both my dad and I had those trucks and drove them for years, never had a problem with them neither did any of our friends that we knew with the same trucks.

We never had a problem with the 3 Pintos in our family of the gas tank exploding on them, I remember there being Thousands of those cars running around the town I grew up in, Never did I see one explode in my home town.

It all depends on your and your thoughts.

Wolf

OK we got email from the toy dealer and call and it goes in the shop 2-20.That is because we need a sat. so there is no lost time from work.
Not so sure it is the right fix but what is one to do?

mike/AKA caveman

i have been working for honda for 15 years and like all car lines sooner or later something like this will happen but toyota waited 2 long to address the problem,now they will be on damage control for a few years,but they will recover they make excellent cars and trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.