Tracker 1448 Grizzly

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello im 17 years old going on 18, i love fishing ive been fishing since i was 5, i like both freshwater and saltwater but id like to focus more on freshwater, i have a tracker 1448 grizzly with a 25merc 2 stroke, and the boat is a 1999 and it has alumium decks and carpet and needs to be reweld in some spots and new carpet and the transom needs to be rebuilt and the boat needs some work im trying to decied if i should keep it and put money in it orr sell it and save up for a 16-17ft john boat with a 40hp setup for bass and sometimes saltwater mainly bass, Any Help would help me alot

Sup, I'm 16, and I bought my self an 1987 Bass Tracker MV-16, 45 hp, Post up a pic of your boat, so we can help you better.

thats my boat, and yeah i love it, i just dont know if i should jump up 2 feet for turnaments or what idk what to do right now

Attachments

• downsized_0227121519.jpg
    downsized_0227121519.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 2,042
Well you could always fish it until you got the cash to upgrade. Personally I wouldn't get rid of a boat in order to save for another. If I do that something always seems to come up and I just end up without.

True, but my boat needs alota money which i will get back out of it, i want to get a foot control trolling motor, new carpet, paint it, new floor, rebuild the transom, depthfinder, more storage hatches, redo my live well, and redo the wiring

Congrats on a boat that alot of older guys would like to have. You might think about using this without going crazy on too many things and see how its size works out . You may find that it's fine for now and slowly change it to suit Your needs. In time if it's too small to suit Your needs, then look for a bigger boat. Anything You fix now will only add to the value of it at a later time. At Your young age , don't jump too far and fall short, I've got 2 sons of my own who are grown now so I've been there before. Just my $0.02 worth.

I'd fix it, and run it. It should be fine until you fill it with so much gear, you need to go to 16-18'er. I would have loved to have that boat at your age! :)

You said it needs a lot of money which you will get back out of it. I assume you mean when you sell it. I wouldn't count on getting your money back out of it.

Scott

yeah ive had the boat for 2 years, i love it but i live on charlotte harbor so i fish saltwater and its beating it up so bad, butwe just got a 17ft keywest flats boat so i wanna make this my mainly freshwater and some saltwater fishing, i just wanna do the main things now and slowly add on, it needs a new floor and rebuilt transom and new carpet for now then a foot control trolling motor

Latest posts