Trolling motor acting up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pair of good LiFeP04 100AH are only about $208 each, not much more than a lead battery.

The single is here: amazon.com/Timeusb-LiFePO4-Lifetime-Off-grid-Applications/dp/B0BBZL5BPR/
And the 2-pack is here: amazon.com/Pack-Timeusb-Lifetime-Off-grid-Application/dp/B0BLNR675J/

I now have three of them, two for the trolling motor and one for my Livescope system, and they are awesome. I couldn't justify the prices from a year or two ago, but TimeUSB is taking a big share of the market because of quality and price.
The money I’m saving on the trolling motor will just cover the LiFePo4 batteries. I just hope I can get my wife (AKA the Admiral) to see it that way.

The money I’m saving on the trolling motor will just cover the LiFePo4 batteries. I just hope I can get my wife (AKA the Admiral) to see it that way.
Happy wife, happy life lol - have her paddle the boat some so she can appreciate those batteries or any batteries for that matter!

I hope the new trolling motor is awesome for you. Sorry you couldn't get the old one back together. That's one reason I usually recommend only doing the basics. But in your case, you got a new motor out of it, so not bad!

Hey... You can use the old TM shaft, mount and head to mount a livescope transducer to. Easy clamp-on system. Your wife will LOVE the cost of that one, ha ha.

Ok. I’m 11 days away from my birthday and the wife is asking about what trolling motor. I was settled on MK Power Drive 24v 70lb. W/ipilot and 100ah lifepo4 batteries.
I just found a smoking deal on a MK Terrova 24v 80lb also pilot and both Bluetooth. Only concern is how much less run time will I get with the 80?
I’m in a 16’ wide flat bottom. 70lb is plenty of power but I really like the Terrova with lift assist etc. Also the Terrova is a 60” shaft so it’ll be sticking up a little. Might make my boat tilt forward LOL.

70 lb Power Drive $1,299.99. 80 lb Terrova $954.00
Wanted to see what y’all thought before turning this in?
70lb max amps 42. 80lb max amps 56.

It will be running a lot but for trolling mostly 1/2mph or so while using power to stay on course due to wind etc. I don’t stay out in anything over 10mph wind. My 55lb ran on a Interstate 24DC and I never ran it down. I wasn’t doing a lot of trolling but I ran it hard.

Ok. I’m 11 days away from my birthday and the wife is asking about what trolling motor. I was settled on MK Power Drive 24v 70lb. W/ipilot and 100ah lifepo4 batteries.
I just found a smoking deal on a MK Terrova 24v 80lb also pilot and both Bluetooth. Only concern is how much less run time will I get with the 80?
I’m in a 16’ wide flat bottom. 70lb is plenty of power but I really like the Terrova with lift assist etc. Also the Terrova is a 60” shaft so it’ll be sticking up a little. Might make my boat tilt forward LOL.

70 lb Power Drive $1,299.99. 80 lb Terrova $954.00
Wanted to see what y’all thought before turning this in?
70lb max amps 42. 80lb max amps 56.

It will be running a lot but for trolling mostly 1/2mph or so while using power to stay on course due to wind etc. I don’t stay out in anything over 10mph wind. My 55lb ran on a Interstate 24DC and I never ran it down. I wasn’t doing a lot of trolling but I ran it hard.

I admit I'm on thin ice here. If running at less than full power will there be a real difference in using the 70# over the 80#?

I can't imagine a measurable difference between them on a normal day fishing. Might get surprised and use less throttle on the 80 and eat less battery than the 70.
I agree with flatheadsteve, if you're using less throttle should in turn use less battery, like in my truck I put a stroker motor with more torque and ended up getting better gas mileage due to the same thing don't need to push on the go go pedal so I use less gas. But I also think going to the 80 you won't see a big difference but in savings some serious bucks $, That's about a 345.00 dollar saving there buddy and you can't let the one get away, lol

UPDATE: Those awesome prices turned out to not be so awesome.
The company looked legit until I checked them out. Several unhappy people that got scammed.
So I took the best price I found on a 70lb Power Drive with ipilot and two lifepo4 batteries and dropped the bomb this morning before she left for work. And it was just that a bomb. She’s been doing her own looking. Any what I don’t know but had a figure in her head of $300-$400.
I told her that won’t even cover the battery.
I was finding it hard to figure a way to do this on the budget after Christmas. I need something now so I’m starting over shopping that is.
I may look for a bow mount with the long corded foot control rather than go back to hand steer. I get a fish on I’ll just have to hold the boat in position like the old days. That’s were I think a foot control I can move about the boat might be better. Another trip hazard from the cord though if I’m not careful. Either way I’m back down to 55lb. Which the old one always had control of the boat and I don’t fish any rivers. I’m sticking with the lifepo4 battery.
I really appreciate all of y’all’s input.
At least I’m still getting a new one.
Ill post a picture of my new paddle when it’s all said and done.
Oh and is it me or is anyone else been having a lot of pop up adds on the site that slows down my replies? I type a whole sentence then wait for it to catch up.
Its only on this site that it happens to me.

I’m pulling the trigger on my new TM today. Instead of going back with the MK Endura max which is a dang good motor. I’m getting a MK Traxxis which has everything the Endura max does plus some other things I like.
I already have a foot switch on the deck. I’ll add another one on the floor just belo the deck where I can still reach the handle. I’m getting a 100ah lithium ion battery and installing a SOC monitor. While I’m still on dry land and about to have a few days break in the rain I’m replacing the front deck that I haven’t touched during the rebuild because I needed a break and wanted on the water. I’m hoping I don’t have enough carpet left from the floor so I can use Nautolex on the deck.