Trolling motor add-on scissor mount??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phunkie99

Reaction score
I have a transom mount trolling motor that I want to put on the front of my boat. I turned the head around, and I'm wondering if anyone makes a scissor lift mount that I add to it so it will lay down on my deck when I'm not using it. Has anyone seen such a thing? It's a minn kota riptide 45 if that matters.

I have not seen what you are describing. I do have a thought. Could you loosen the depth collar and slide the motor all the way up. Then, use the release lever to lay the motor flat.

This might be easier. Look here: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1348080029925359

YES, I have done what you describe.

Find an old bow-mount MK motor on Craigslist or FB for $25. Swap motors and done

For any but the smallest boats, you may need to buy a longer shaft. They are pretty cheap direct from Johnson outdoors, like $40 or so.

That being said, half the time, when I'm looking for cheap, local MK parts, the "parts" motor turns out to be just fine, needing a new battery terminal, switch or something else pretty simple. So you might just want to do a quick search for one and see what turns up.

Enduras hold their value, and if yours works well, you should get $100 or more, depending on the thrust and how clean it is.

Hope this helps

I have not seen what you are describing. I do have a thought. Could you loosen the depth collar and slide the motor all the way up. Then, use the release lever to lay the motor flat.
That was my initial plan but, my deck is real tight with a chair up there, and the boat gets a little wobbly. So trying to undo all that once I'm on the water seems a little sketchy. I'm thinking the lift jack looks a little easier.

This might be easier. Look here: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1348080029925359

YES, I have done what you describe.

Find an old bow-mount MK motor on Craigslist or FB for $25. Swap motors and done

For any but the smallest boats, you may need to buy a longer shaft. They are pretty cheap direct from Johnson outdoors, like $40 or so.

That being said, half the time, when I'm looking for cheap, local MK parts, the "parts" motor turns out to be just fine, needing a new battery terminal, switch or something else pretty simple. So you might just want to do a quick search for one and see what turns up.

Enduras hold their value, and if yours works well, you should get $100 or more, depending on the thrust and how clean it is.

Hope this helps
So I can just swap it out? I've never had one so I wasn't sure if the motor was able to be swapped.

Thanks for the help!

Some years back saw a post for a home grown tinnie conversion where the owner made a tilt unit out of wood for his transom mount motor that he moved to the bow. Used a piano hinge to pivot the motor from laydown to over the gunwale for operation. Wasn' t overly pretty but very functional. If you handy, I am sure you could McGiver a solution...

So I can just swap it out? I've never had one so I wasn't sure if the motor was able to be swapped.

Thanks for the help!
Some can swap out easier than others. The hand controlled can be swapped with no issue. The foot controlled ones have a bigger diameter, so may not work without bushings to reduce the sleeve size.

There are a bunch in your area. I'm sure you will find an affordable option.

Latest posts