Change a transom mount trolling motor for use on the bow.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drock

Reaction score
I have a new Minn Kota Endura 40 lb. thrust hand control for transom mount.
I’d like to use it on the bow of a 9ft. Bass Hunter (the plastic boat).
I remember reading something about making a change inside the motor so the forward and reverse speed are correct for bow use.

Any thoughts on how to do that.

Thanks

I remember reading something about making a change inside the motor so the forward and reverse speed are correct for bow use.

Thanks
Simple fix look under the head at the shaft attachment, remove screw turn head around reattach the screw and good to go...5 minutes

Thanks
No change inside. Just under the control head it a single bolt. Remove the bolt and then rotate the control head 90 degrees then be careful of the wires inside and reinstall the bolt. Now you have reversed the head so the prop faces the boat and will pull instead of push. My last two Minn Kota were transom mount that I used on the bow. Just got a new Traxxis 55 with a longer shaft and it’s doing great on my 16/52 Jon boat.

Thanks for the advice, I will do that.
Now let’s get out there and catch those crappie.

No change inside. Just under the control head it a single bolt. Remove the bolt and then rotate the control head 180 degrees then be careful of the wires inside and reinstall the bolt. Now you have reversed the head so the prop faces the boat and will pull instead of push. My last two Minn Kota were transom mount that I used on the bow. Just got a new Traxxis 55 with a longer shaft and it’s doing great on my 16/52 Jon boat.

That was Tuesday. Had a really hard time, as there were baby shad everywhere, and the fish were just swimming through them with their mouths open. So it was tough to get them to bite a jig.

Was really cool to watch on Livescope, though!