Tubby Tubby Weight loss challenge 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richg99 said:
Jim,, do you have some way to add up all of the weight loss so far as a group? Might be interesting. Rich

(put me down for 18.2 lbs at this time...)

Me 23.8 so between the both of us 42 pounds! :beer:

Guys add your weight to this!

Jim said:
richg99 said:
Jim,, do you have some way to add up all of the weight loss so far as a group? Might be interesting. Rich

(put me down for 18.2 lbs at this time...)

Me 23.8 so between the both of us 42 pounds! :beer:

Guys add your weight to this!

+18.8 = 60.8 pounds.

Just in case anyone here is considering HCG injections and "diet"....here is a LINK to read first.

https://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/mar/19/mark_reedy_guest_column/

regards, Rich

richg99 said:
Just in case anyone here is considering HCG injections and "diet"....here is a LINK to read first.

https://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/mar/19/mark_reedy_guest_column/

regards, Rich

Maybe I missed your comments on this, sorry if this is a repeat.....What are your thoughts on this Rich? I've considered it.

I never considered HCG, though a number of guys on my local fishing group were reporting BIG weight losses on our local tubby tubby thread. I hadn't even heard of the stuff when I read those posts.

After reading today's LINKed thread, it certainly seems to me that I'd stay as far away from HCG as I could. As the thread points out....anyone eating only 500 calories a day will lose weight. Duhhhhhh....

Shooting me up with pregnancy hormones is not something that I'd consider no matter what the results might predict. The background of the original promoter doesn't show any true knowledge of what he was recommending.

Heck, ten or so years ago I had my local MD put me on Phen Phen ??? for weight loss. Then, after I took myself off of that nonsense ( many doc's were sued for recommending it.. a year or two later)...he then put many of his patients on some other fad junk. I took two days of pills of whatever that pill was and quit. Again, a year or so later, the pill was condemned as being unsafe for any use. I fired that doctor the day I read about the second "vonder drug"'s problems.

It seems that there is always somebody trying to get great results with little work. Never worked out too well in any of life's areas that I know of.
regards, Rich

More bad news for us from...... Eat this , Not That......

Some BAD chicken dishes from all of my favorite restaurants. One BAD dish is from Outback. It is my wife's favorite dish to order from there...Alice Springs Chicken!!

regards, Rich

Terrible Chicken Dish at Applebee's
Crispy Orange Chicken Bowl
1,880 calories 13 g saturated fat 4,250 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at Burger King
Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich
800 calories 46 g fat (8 g saturated, 0.5 g trans) 1,640 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at Chick-fil-A
Chicken Caesar Cool Wrap
480 calories 16 g fat (7 g saturated) 1,810 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at Chili's
Southwestern Cobb Salad
1,080 calories 71 g fat (16 g saturated) 2,650 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at Del Taco
Macho Chicken Burrito
920 calories 30 g fat (11 g saturated) 2,120 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at Hardee's
Charbroiled Chicken Club Sandwich
630 calories 30 g fat (8 g saturated) 1,430 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at IHOP
BBQ Chicken
1,150 calories 11 g saturated fat 2,020 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at Jack in the Box
Crispy Chicken Club Salad with Croutons and Ranch Dressing
840 calories 58 g fat (15 g saturated, 4.5 g trans) 1,980 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at KFC
Hot & Spicy Chicken Breast
470 calories 28 g fat (6 g saturated) 1,310 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at McDonald's
Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich
530 calories 17 g fat (6 g saturated) 1,410 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at Olive Garden
Garlic Herb Chicken con Broccoli
960 calories 41 g fat (18 g saturated) 2,180 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at Outback Steakhouse
Alice Springs Chicken
1,679 calories 115 g fat (53 g saturated) 2,686 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at Red Robin
California Chicken Burger
946 calories 57 g fat 2,002 mg sodium

Terrible Chicken Dish at T.G.I. Friday's
Cajun Shrimp & Chicken Pasta
1,420 calories The "Cajun" flavoring here is actually seasoned butter, and the sauce is cream-and-cheese-infused Alfredo. That makes this the absolute worst pasta dish on the menu, and among the worst in the country.

My weekly posting...in spite of some "slippage" in my following the rules... my weight was 248.6 lbs. That is down 21.4 lbs from 270 in Dec 1, 2010.

One thing that I did learn over this time is that WW does a good job in training you what is good to eat, and what is NOT.

However, the computerized WW program doesn't have many of my local restaurant foods. A couple of free apps for my Android phone do. WW is focused on its own point system. The apps give you calories and more.

Take your pick. Being lazy, I like the data to be readily available so I can quickly post, or even check out the foods... before I order. I am still a WW member....but....we will see. Rich

January 1, 2011 - 246.8 pounds House scales...They LIE! :LOL2:
January 7, 2011 - 239.0 even 7.8 pounds. Good but it will slow down now going forward.
January 14, 2011 - 232.4 6.6 pounds this week. I hit the Gym every day and killed myself shoveling this week :LOL2:
January 21, 2011 - 230.2 2.2 pounds this week. This is where I need to be weekly, but I was hoping for more! :D
January 28, 2011 - 227.5 2.7 pounds this week. The 4 hour shoveling yesterday helped this along for sure!
February 4, 2011 - 227.7 up 2 ounces! :shock: This bummed me out a little because I did not cheat. I did however feast on a baked ham all week and some homemade chili. So I am wondering if this is sodium/water retention. I must say though all my clothes are fitting even losser this week. Maybe all the snow shoveling is causing me to pack on some serious dense muscle mass. :LOL2:
February 11, 2011 - 229.7 No comments, except that I have been focused since Tuesday. Better results will happen next Friday I hope.
February 18, 2011 - 226 Even 3.7 pounds this week. I busted my rear this week working out. I started jogging too on the treadmill. I ran just over a mile at 6mph. It felt awesome, but I was sore for 2 days after.
February 25, 2011 - 226.7 up 7 ounces. How? I have no idea. Very aggravating though. I worked out even harder and ran 3 times this week on top of my daily elliptical 35 minutes. :evil:
March 4, 2011 - 225.7 Down 1 pound from last week. I finally broke that 225.X. Very happy. Now my next short term goal is 220. I am confident with warmer weather coming that these "small" Loses per week will be a little bigger by being outside with the kids, yard clean up, trips to the park.....fishing. Anything but sitting cooped up in a house all winter long.
March 11, 2011 - 227.5 Enough to make me want to quit. Up almost 2 pounds
March 18, 2001 - 223.0 Finally. I can guarantee my fluctuation was the Sodium from the baked ham I had last week. This week I ate almost Zero processed foods.
March 25, 2001 - 222.7 It will have to do I guess. :?

Here is a question. When the scale says 222.7, what does .7 stand for?

If 16 ounces equals one pound, then for sure this .7 can not be ounces? The scale will only go up to .9 and then go to the next pound. I have never seen the scale say xxx.12 or .15.

Am i losing my mind?

poolie said:
I haven't posted a weight update in about a month. Luckily I'm doing better at losing weight than updating progress. My last posted weight was 176.2 Feb 21st. Yesterday morning I weighed in at 171.8 which actually puts me within 3 lbs of my goal... but I'm not stopping there. The BMI charts say I should weigh no more that 169... so close!!!!!

Having a hard time getting out of the 170's. Tuesday I was down to 170.4, but too much sodium at dinner the other night dumped a couple pounds back on me. Walking just isn't doing it for me anymore, so dusted off the bicycle and have been riding 10-12 miles every other evening after work. That's 500 calories per ride and it seems to be doing the trick. This morning I'm at 170.8 (which I assume is 8/10 of a pound).

I'm loving the bike. It's easy on the knees and hips and provides more scenery than walking. Rode 22 miles last weekend and weather permitting this weekend have a 40 mile ride planned for Sunday.

Wish I could get into riding. I have a great Canondale bike that I inherited from my father, but I find it so incredibly mind numbing and boring. Maybe it's just me? #-o

fender66 said:
Wish I could get into riding. I have a great Canondale bike that I inherited from my father, but I find it so incredibly mind numbing and boring. Maybe it's just me? #-o

Hah... it's not my mind that goes numb, it's something a little lower. After my first long ride I remember why they wear those padded biker shorts.

On my scale, I believe that the .4 .6 .7 etc. are just percentages of a pound. Therefore, the following table might be good to have.... regards, Rich

10% of 16 ozs equals 1.6 ozs

20% = 3.2 ozs
30%= 4.8 ozs
40%=6.4 ozs
50%=8 ozs
60%=9.6 ozs
70%=11.2 ozs
8%=12.8 ozs
90%=14.4 ozs

I own a recumbent bike that is kept at the summer place. Ahhhhhh...what a pleasure to ride compared to a butt-slicing regular bike seat. Even my big butt fits comfortably. The bike handles very well, and I am closer to the ground if, at age 71, I happen to fall off.

Only problems with them are ....#1 pretty darn expensive...and #2 Not as good as a regular bike going up hills. You can go faster than a regular bike on flat areas, though.

I love it but I only use it when I am up North...and...I don't have a lot of free time free we are up there.

Try one if you get a chance. I have one of the cheapest models and it was $500.00 or so!

regards, Rich

Here is a LINK to the current version of the one I have.....https://www.bicycleman.com/recumbents/sun/sun_ez1.htm