Union Reservoir 5/21/11 Rainbow 5/22/11 - South NJ

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robr3004

Reaction score
Headed down south for the weekend, Hit Union on Saturday and it was slow. Only managed a few tiny largemouth bass. Turns out the fish were really deep and in the center of the lake because a guy in a canoe killed the small mouth floating out in the middle. We were fishing our normal places (Road Bed, Grass Fields, The Gateway) but very little action. Guess the recent crappy weather pushed them deep.

On Sunday we headed over to Rainbow Lake, in the crazy wind and picked up a bunch of largmouth on the wind blow side. Early morning they were off the edges hanging in the pads and in the afternoon, they moved up tight to the edges. Also got a lot of pickerel, one going about 3 pounds. Most fish were picked up on spinner baits, some on sencos and a few on rubber frogs across the pads.

My lunker for the weekend is a used 2005 Tracker Pro Team 175 I'm buying. Just waiting for the paper work to go through at the bank, and I'm all set. If it wasn't for this lunker, we would have fished some more, especially Alloway Lake.

:twisted: Rainbow is really coming back. NJ F&G says its almost to where it was before the dam washed out. Good Luck with the TRACKER purchase. =D>

I will definitely let you know next time I am down. I may be down there this weekend depending on when I close the loan on the boat because it's located down south, not far from Parvin.