Unknown year 12' Starcraft project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrocket

Reaction score
I just got this little boat over the weekend. I have already painted it and put a deck on the front of it. I am hoping that my 2.5 suzuki will atleast get me to where I am going faster than my kayak did.

If anyone can give me an idea of approximate year that would be awesome!! Thanks in advance

boat 1.jpgboat 2.jpgboat 3.jpg

Does it have a HIN plate or evidence of holes where a HIN plate would have been?
HIN's weren't required until around 1971.

Here’s my 1974 12’ StarCraft Seafarer. Before & after…. It’s been a great boat!

Attachments

• IMG_4695.jpeg
    IMG_4695.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4692.jpeg
    IMG_4692.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4694.jpeg
    IMG_4694.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5321.jpeg
    IMG_5321.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5669.jpeg
    IMG_5669.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 0
Hope you don't mind getting wet if you plan to stand up in the front of that little guy! Maybe I don't fish like the rest of you, but I keep my butt firmly planted.

BTW I used to live in Palm Harbor. Right on the gulf. Used to hook drum right off the dock and swim the bayou most every day. It was quiet then with only a handful of residents. Bet it's changed a lot since those days. Also lived in Crystal Beach and would sometimes accidentally hook small gators while fishing in the brackish pond in the backyard. Great times for a displaced Midwest teenager.

Hope you don't mind getting wet if you plan to stand up in the front of that little guy! Maybe I don't fish like the rest of you, but I keep my butt firmly planted.

BTW I used to live in Palm Harbor. Right on the gulf. Used to hook drum right off the dock and swim the bayou most every day. It was quiet then with only a handful of residents. Bet it's changed a lot since those days. Also lived in Crystal Beach and would sometimes accidentally hook small gators while fishing in the brackish pond in the backyard. Great times for a displaced Midwest teenager.
I live 30 minutes from Palm Harbor / Crystal Beach. It’s pretty much the same right in that area, but big changes South, East & North! I like to launch there to boat around Honey Moon Island, Caledesi and down to Clearwater…

Big and high for a tiny tin.
Think about HOW you will get back in when you fall.
Some sort of access ladder might just be in order and almost as important as a good PFD.

I just got this little boat over the weekend. I have already painted it and put a deck on the front of it. I am hoping that my 2.5 suzuki will atleast get me to where I am going faster than my kayak did.

If anyone can give me an idea of approximate year that would be awesome!! Thanks in advance

View attachment 118135View attachment 118136View attachment 118137
Unless your extremely agile on your feet I am not too confident about that deck. I am certain you would be safer without it installed and will catch just as many fish pretty likely. I have a 12ft Alumacraft and it wasn't meat to be a baby bass boat by design..........anyway that's just me.........good luck in whatever you decide on!

Attachments

• Photo1137 (1).jpg
    Photo1137 (1).jpg
    184 KB · Views: 2