[UPDATE]Finally my tracker 1542 is done! well almost........

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the old paint off and out of every nook and cranny. Primed, and re-painted. Also installed the interior lights and external lights, and they are bright!

After the first round of sand blasting:
IMAG0335.jpg

Other side: even though some spots look rough, everything was smooth and even.
IMAG0336.jpg

Right before priming, I used rustoleum bare aluminum primer:
IMAG0338.jpg

First coat of primer, I went with 2 coats as the can suggested. I used a roller and at first there was no runs, I went nice and light but in the morning I found a few but were easily fixed.
IMAG0339.jpg

Started putting on the first coat of paint, used rustoleum spray paint, color is Dark Taupe.
IMAG0340.jpg

Second coat of paint drying, in total I used 10 cans of spray paint for 2 coats.
IMAG0345.jpg

Interior night lights which are just waterproof LED strip lights:
IMAG0352.jpg

Exterior lights for night fishing, 72" waterproof LED strip lights, they lit up the garage and were blinding if you looked right at them.
IMAG0354.jpg

I have a couple more things that need to be done to it, and if it stops raining here then I can take some pictures of some other features I put on the boat.

Man that looks so good, great job. The front lights are awesome. Do you have a switch panel for all the lighting?

Thanks!

Everything has their own switches. If you look at the pictures showing the mid section of the boat with the side boxes, you'll see I have 2 switch panels.

The panel closest to the front without the AC outlet controls: navigation lights, exterior night lights, interior night lights, and the bow trolling motor's fish finder (HB pm170).
The panel closest to the rear with the AC outlet controls: bilge pump, aerator, transom fish finder (mark-5x Dsi), and the AC outlet itself.

I still have 3 unused switches, which will probably get used eventually, I have a horn laying around somewhere that's brand new but haven't installed it as so far I haven't needed one and I have an air can on board as well anyway. I want to put in a small speaker system eventually which will be nice. Everything runs off a single group 29 deep cycle battery in the aft compartment.