What can I put on the boat to keep it cool?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey

Reaction score
I don't want to put carpet on my boat because I will be fishing shallow saltwater and will be getting in and out to wade. Carpet would get filthy very quickly.

Would a spray or roll on bed liner help keep the aluminum cool?

Has anyone ever tried putting any other kind of coating or membrane on the aluminum?

I have light gray roll on bed liner and it still gets hot. The only way to cool your boat is to use shade, like a bimini top.

If I put closed cell foam down and covered that with plywood would that stay cool?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328760#p328760 said:
bcbouy » 12 minutes ago[/url]"]i used sundeck viny,its way cooler than my carpet

That sounds great!

Could you tell me which product you used and where you got it?

My next boat build is getting a watercooled floor. I havent figured out all the details but I got some good ideas. Be cooled with lake water and will circulate similar to a radiator.

I just recently put SeaDek in my boat. We had an unusually mild summer here, but I did get to try it out barefoot on a beaming 90° day. A lighter color would probably be perform even better. This is a great product and I am fully satisfied with it.

I have the 2-ply (6mm thickness). This stuff is expensive though.

2013-08-24_11-50-08_819.jpg
2013-08-24_11-51-01_747.jpg
2013-08-24_11-50-24_869.jpg
2013-08-24_15-46-49_944.jpg

Well, after reading the title of OP, I was going to say "sunglasses and a soul patch," but I see you are discussing something entirely different.

:?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328791#p328791 said:
Bugpac » Today, 10:06[/url]"]My next boat build is getting a watercooled floor. I havent figured out all the details but I got some good ideas. Be cooled with lake water and will circulate similar to a radiator.

Sounds like an awesome setup. 8) We sure to keep us updated with lots of pics when you do this.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=328791#p328791 said:
Bugpac » Today, 09:06[/url]"]My next boat build is getting a watercooled floor. I havent figured out all the details but I got some good ideas. Be cooled with lake water and will circulate similar to a radiator.

As long as you don't add a false floor on top of the actual hull I think it is already water cooled. :D

My Triton 1650SC came with some factory-applied coating that's like bedliner, but more soft and rubbery, and despite being a dark color (mossy oak camo pattern) it stays very cool, even in bright light.

I can definitely tell the difference when I'm on the bow, barefooted, and I step back onto the deck extension I built last year, which is painted aluminum, not coated with the factory coating.

Not sure what they use at the factory, but it's some really tough stuff. I'm rough on my equipment, and I've yet to chip the coating anywhere on the deck of my boat. The only place it's peeled up is on the edges of the gunwales (from dragging the anchor chain over the side) and in the bilge area (from water standing, seeping under the coating, causing poultice corrosion, which makes the coating blister and bubble)

I have had boats with just about everything for flooring and NOTHING comes close to Linex XS650. Boat can sit in 100 degree blazing hot sun all day and you can sit down bare arzed if you wanted to and NOT even warm. The white OR the black. It is a special marine coating and NOT the normal Linex material.

NOT cheap but worth it.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 841
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 841
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 841
I picture of Chuck Norris? That would be pretty cool

Chuck-Norris-Election-Ad-620x341.jpg

I fish shallow salt water and get in and out to wade also......I just use "water shoes" in and out of the boat. No burning feet in the tinny at all....

Jeffery's right. The bottom IS naturally watered cooled LOL But my aluminum bench seats were 160 degrees! Someone here recomended a product called 'Lyzird Skin'(spelling). I haven't tried it yet. Still use white towels. The post was labeled 'hot, hot boat'

Latest posts