What do you all use for grommets?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spes

Reaction score
I need to cut some holes for my electrical wires to pass thru,,,
What do you all use as grommets to protect the wire from chafing on the aluminum?
Thanks

If its where someone can see it, I use actual grommets. But if its under deck or out of sight, I've used appropriate diameter rubber fuel hose split lengthwise. The fuel hose trick works especially well on multiple wires and in bends around objects.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I like the snap bushings... I hate to have to buy 100 tho!
Planted the idea tho,, I'll look aroung local for those.
Thanks

Stove Iron said:
If its where someone can see it, I use actual grommets. But if its under deck or out of sight, I've used appropriate diameter rubber fuel hose split lengthwise. The fuel hose trick works especially well on multiple wires and in bends around objects.

Same here. I use grommets when and where I can, but sometimes, a piece of fuel hose works really well. Where my speedometer tube and my depthfinder wire run out of my transom of my jetboat, I'm using a piece of 3/8 fuel hose to carry them through the transom, then through the platform. Looks a lot cleaner than just having those 2 wires/tubes hanging out.

I used rubber grommets that I for in a box of various sizes at Harbor Freight.

Go to your local tire store and ask to look thru their buckets near the balance machine and get all of the valve stems you want. You can cut the end off and the big end that fits in the wheel has a groove that will keep it where you put it. And best of all it's free.

Latest posts