what rod holder?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look for a small 12" or so bungee cord, and a small eye bolt or clasp, at wally world, auto parts store, etc., I got a spare rubber band/bungee type rod holder/tie down at bass pro a while back. Has a small plate to attach one end to the floor and a small hook that attaches to the floor, just stretch the bungee and done.

dixie_boysles said:
see this is out of the Bass Tracker Pro Angler 16:

Pro-Angler-16_img6806_700.jpg

https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/forum/images.cfm?boat=3318

maybe you can contact them somehow though a local dealer

I'd like to know where to get some like that too.

Also, does anyone sell the rod tubes individually.
I know I could just use PVC pipes, but those have an edge, whereas the PVC pipe will not.

you can get the inserts at a golf store get the tubes that they use in the bag they will work fine
you can also sand the edge off of the pvc tubing

I was wondering if anyone tried these on their boat?...

https://www.amazon.com/Rapala-Lock-Hold-Rod-Rack/dp/B001NXC7KO

Attachments

• rapal.JPG
    rapal.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 2,997
Here's a concept I drew-up (is that real word?) to install in my boat and might get around to making it one day :roll: . The most rods we ever have in the boat are 3, maybe 4. Notice there are no dimensions to it yet, as it's still in the "thought" stage, lol.

normal_folding_rod_holder.jpg

(A bungy-cord type retainer will be used to hold the rods in)

normal_folding_rod_holder2.jpg

Ok, I got in touch with the tracker parts center here in Memphis, and I found out that you can order the rod holder mount found on the tracker pro 16/165! The parts are called Rod Holder mount(7.10 each) and the rod clips(2.64 each) You can also order the tubes, but can get them cheaper at a golf store! The number to the Tracker boat parts is (901)388-7268

Jeff

00 mod said:
What rod holder do you use on your tin for transport and to hold your rods while fishing?
Jeff

This is what I like to use, while it is one of a kind I do have the matching right hand version. Sorry, they are not for sale, but they are available to rent. You pay the shipping cost to your open water destination.

IMG_2453.jpg

Waterwings said:
Here's a concept I drew-up (is that real word?) to install in my boat and might get around to making it one day :roll: . The most rods we ever have in the boat are 3, maybe 4. Notice there are no dimensions to it yet, as it's stiull in the "thought" stage, lol.

I have a thought for you. I am teaching a drafting class at a local community college. I have access to a CAM machind. I can design that part for you and "print" it out in ABS plastic (Very hard durable stuff, and paintable). If you would like, I can turn this into a project for my students and you get a product out of the ordeal. up to you

I keep mine on the front deck during transport. I went ultra-cost saving and attached two mini-bungees right to the deck (one at the bow and one at the middle of the boat) to secure the rods. While fishing, I am usually using my rods so no storage needed during the outing. Just transport to and from.

You can see my setup on my mod link at the bottom. I think the rod bungees are on the 2nd page.

dixie_boysles said:
Here were the kind I WAS after but CANNOT find them. They are are in a friend's tinboat that I used to borrow before I bought mine. I know for a fact that some of the new bass tracker boats at Bass Pro have this style. I tried to get in touch with the factory but could not figure out how. These are the kind you want. They are adjustible and hold the rids in there no problems! plus you dont have to deal with a strap:

mejasonfishing006.jpg

ScottSaraFishing007.jpg

I just bought some made by moeller that look like you friends, just google: MOELLER-FISHING ROD HOLDER

dixie_boysles said:
Waterwings said:
Here's a concept I drew-up (is that real word?) to install in my boat and might get around to making it one day :roll: . The most rods we ever have in the boat are 3, maybe 4. Notice there are no dimensions to it yet, as it's stiull in the "thought" stage, lol.

I have a thought for you. I am teaching a drafting class at a local community college. I have access to a CAM machind. I can design that part for you and "print" it out in ABS plastic (Very hard durable stuff, and paintable). If you would like, I can turn this into a project for my students and you get a product out of the ordeal. up to you

Wow, just saw this, and my apologies for the late response. I'm interested in your offer, but would have to get some measurements as soon as I can get to the boat. How thick is the ABS plastic, and what would be the ultimate costs? Thanks!

gtodd said:
I just bought some made by moeller that look like you friends, just google: MOELLER-FISHING ROD HOLDER

i want you to look at that CRAP, i looked for these forever. put in every combination of "fishing rod holder" in google, yahoo. etc and coulnt get a singe result or pic of those. and you have found some after i have already bought some i kinda like lol.

however, it would have cost me 60 dollars to get it to hold 4 on each side. I can hold like 6 on each side for $30

Still trying to decide how to best mount a rod storage rack in my boat.
I don't have side walls...

SDC12192.jpg

I do like Hanr3's mounting brackets (below), but I don't think I could make them. Any ideas for the unskilled?

hanr3rodstoragebracket.jpg

Latest posts