Where does the time go?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JeffChastain said:
dually66 said:
life has a sense of humor...first you're a kid with no money or worries and all the energy you will ever need but no real use for it, then you're a young adult that still has a deal of energy, plus the woes of worries with bills and relationships, but really can't afford much if anything because your job usually sucks, then as we get older and more established we work more, are more run down, have better jobs(hopefully)...have less petty worries, have savings, but no energy to use it...lol...and we sleep earlier.......you can't always judge a vehicle by it's age...sometimes you have to go by the miles...I was made in america...i'm a 35 yr old semi run down high mileage individual that needs a rebuild...lol...i've been shot, stabbed, burned, run over, and almost electrocuted to death...that's just the starters...but i still bust my rump all week to make my family happy...help my parents with whatever they call me up for...and once in a while i get to go to the lake for some fishin...we are men , and it's our job...and one day when i pass on...hopefully i'll have done a good enough job so jesus will bless my fishing pole and i'll get to fish with the man and ask him......WHY?

Haha, I hear ya, dually. We sound like the same person.....except for the shot, stabbed, burned, run over, and electrocuted parts.
Hell.... you missed all the fun !!! :LOL2:

i didn't miss a thing yet...we live, we learn...(we hope..lol)...between every bad moment , there is a good if not great moment.....remember...if we roll over...how do we endure the challenges and enjoy the curvballs that life throws our way...

JeffChastain said:
LOL Doc! I'll be 26 in a couple of months, so I reckon I am a youngun. Sure do feel old sometimes!

uhmm,, 26,,, my son's age! We waited 8 years after we got married till the youngens.

50 is middle age,,, right?? Just remember, you never have to grow up,, just got to become more responsible.

With responsibility comes expediting of time.

dually66 said:
i didn't miss a thing yet...we live, we learn...(we hope..lol)...between every bad moment , there is a good if not great moment.....remember...if we roll over...how do we endure the challenges and enjoy the curvballs that life throws our way...
I meant Jeff missed out. You seem to have hit all of life's highlights. :wink:

JeffChastain said:
LOL Doc! I'll be 26 in a couple of months, so I reckon I am a youngun. Sure do feel old sometimes!

Merely half my age. And yes, sometimes I do feel as though I've been rode hard and put away wet.

To all those who have posted, yeah, it's tough getting older, but as we say in the morgue, "It beats the alternative."

Latest posts