Which one?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VAbassin

Reaction score
I'm stuck between the promariner and the noco on board battery chargers.

44e6340bc67980a69b250256bff0a02f.jpg

2390ed35be3f307fc5b5be155e0c0b40.jpg

I'm leaning kind of toward the promariner for a few reasons.

For the same price I can get a 20amp 3 bank charger instead of a 12amp 3 bank charger (promariner being the 20amp).

The noco apparently has this feature where it only charges every 24 hours of the day? So it charges the battery up then turns off. Then after 24 hours, it turns back on and tops off the battery. To me, that's kind of a half a**ed charger. I want a trickle charge which is what the promariner claims to do.

I like how the promariner apparently has a sensor in it for when the charger itself gets too hot. And when it gets to hot it shuts itself down. Knowing my boat will be outside under a cover, that gives me some peace at mind. I haven't been able to read of such a feature from the noco genius.

The only thing in my eyes that makes the noco really stand out, is the "rebuilding" feature of drained batteries.

I don't know. I just wanted to know what yall thought!i can read reviews on Amazon for hours but the tinboat community has alot more pull to me! Thanks guys.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Looks like the promariner has that rebuild feature also. They call it storage recondition mode? This charger looks good, but I have no experience with that brand.

https://www.promariner.com/en/43021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a NOCO Gen. 2 20 amp and love it. It really is a set and forget battery charger. No experience with the Promariner, but I have zero complaints with my NOCO. All of the features of the NOCO's are pretty impressive, IMO.

Nico really left a bad taste in my mouth after using their lithium ion battery jumper.

I have a Promariner 2 bank charger on my 23' Mako, but don't know anything about it. I just know​ my boat cranks up every time I out it in the water.

The on board charger that gets my vote is the Marinco I use on my tinny. These were previously made by Guest, and have had trouble free service for 3 years now. I have the 2 bank charger, which has 3 charging mode depending on the state of charge. It also has a maintenance mode.

Thanks for the input! I see they both have great reviews. But of course I look at the negative reviews. The negatives on the promariner all result in a replacement from promariner. So the fact that there's good customer service is a plus. The negatives on the noco are mainly about it shutting off for 24 hours. Nothing on customer service. I think I'm digging into it too much and over thinking it. Oh well. Might as well just buy one and be happy with it

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk