White River in Arkansas, hot.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taxidermist

Reaction score
Well I have fished Sunday and yesterday afternoon, My studio is just five miles from one of the boat ramps. So i ts tuff, fish or work? right?????

Anyway we did ok in Sunday caught lots of rainbows some small brown trout and one 14 inch Cutthroat. We seldom keep any fish unless we are going to do a family fish fry then its the stocker rainbow trout.

Yesterday since it was to be a short trip, I worked the bank for big brown trout, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you catch a fish or two. Wife was knocking rainbows down right and left using POWERBAIT, she said something to the effect of "To bad you can't catch any fish."

As we worked a bank I caught a couple 12 inch brown trout and then almost at the boat a huge bronw grabbed the jerk bait, he made two runs under the boat then up stream and all the time I am telling her get the net get the net. Then the fish ran toward the bank and at about 15 feet came tailwalking across the water and hit the side of the boat right beside her. well I was playing the fish and in the swift water with seven generators on, the water is moving you pretty good, so you have to be carfull a bit in our boat to not swamp or sink it.

Anyway I look at her and yelled where the net??????? Hell she is still fishing!!!! I got a bit tease to say the lest and yelled get the *&^%$#@ net!!!!!!!!!!!

She finally got around and got the net and the fish pulled out made a deep run up stream and the hook pulled out of the fishes mouth. The fish was probably in th elow teens. big male super hooked jaw. Lest I can say is I was abit upset and had she not been my wife she would have been walking home.

No the really bad part this is the second large brown ( this fish was a well into the double digets and a huge female) trout she has lost for me in two weeks. First time she used the small short handled net for an excuse!! So I bought a large net with a long handle.

On the way home she said she had been afraid she would loose her fishing rod if she had laid it down.

I ask how long does it take to reel powerbait in? Just cut the line the next time.

Last year my son caught a monster Brown and again she lost that fish for him and I know it was close to 30 lbs.

I finally sat her down and explained, to hell with the rod and reel big fish are not easy to fight and not often you get a chance at a big fish, I can buy another rod and reel!! But big fish are not easy and sure make the fisherman feel better to get them in the boat.

Not that I would keep the big brown trout but hell at lest for a pic!

Guess I may have to find me a Extreme net woman, maybe one that wears a bikini??

Boy you get temped every time you go to work .. God bless you on that ;)
The extreme net woman in a bikini sounds like the ticket :):) Just make sure to post some pics !
Thanks for the report !