Winter project comeing along!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babills

Reaction score
Well this is a lone star Commander, 14.5 ft. I bought the boat motor and trailer separately, the total 575.00. The motor is a 1983 Johnson 15hp, the water pump and thermostat were toast. My little brother owns his own business repairing boats so it only cost me a case of beer and parts to get her purring like a kitten. I don't bass fish like a lot of guys on here, I fish walleye mostly and I troll. So I added rod holders a Lowrance DSI fish finder swivel seats, and a net holder. and 2 cup holders for me and the boy. The seats are removable so I can take them off and flip the whole boat over on my pop up camper and away we go. Still needs paint and maybe rubber on floors but for now its ready for spring!
Cut the center seat and made storage for rod holders and planer boards
IMG_0100_zps4bd0d192.jpg

IMG_0099_zps3ba5ac86.jpg

IMG_0098_zps51cff6c0.jpg

IMG_0097_zps130bddc2.jpg

IMG_0096_zps7b67000c.jpg

IMG_0095_zps35d667c4.jpg

IMG_0094_zps1329a538.jpg

IMG_0092_zpsb35959ee.jpg

Looks like a very capable and functional boat. I only see one thing I'd suggest. Put a couple of coats of spar varnish on your wood bench tops. That will make them water proof and they'll look good for many years to come with no rot.

10-4 on the varnish I am just waiting for the temps to get warmer!. The cup holders only cost 3 bucks but it cost 13 dollars for the hole saw to put them in LOL! I think I am going to find a little caddy to mount on the side of the bench to hold pliers and other misc. stuff.

babills said:
10-4 on the varnish I am just waiting for the temps to get warmer!. The cup holders only cost 3 bucks but it cost 13 dollars for the hole saw to put them in LOL! I think I am going to find a little caddy to mount on the side of the bench to hold pliers and other misc. stuff.
Been threre done that on the 3/13 deal way too many times..Just what I see here in sunny tx coast is if your boat is outside year round Spar V I have used only last a couple years..Looks really functional.Must think (not Sheep)instead of sleep ...cva34

Thanks guys, I was looking for functional. I am trying to keep all of my little mods light, hence the molded seats with seat cushions to double as life preservers so I don't have to carry extra life jackets that take up room. With a boat this little, room is precious. I can't wait until spring to hit walleye and bluegill on there beds. I no I said I don't bass fish I have a soft spot for smallmouth and live 1 hour from the best smallmouth fishery in the USA lake St. Clair. Not sure how a 14 ft boat will handle big water but I am going to try it.