Wiring question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn B.

Reaction score
Getting ready to do the wiring on my modification and I have what might be a silly question for you electrical experts...........is there any difference between a "ground distribution block" and a "ground bus bar"?

I have been doing research on it and a guy at work refers to it as a dist. block but it seems most of what I see on here guys refer to it as a bus bar. Both seem to accomplish the same task - bringing a single ground wire from the battery to the block/bar and having all the grounds from the components come back to the block/bar - thus reducing the wire clutter at the battery. Can someone please clarify for me. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for thehelp. Here's what I am thinking in terms of my electric layout. The TM wires will be at least 8awg. The wires from the back battery to the switch panel and ground block/bus bar will be 10awg and all the rest probably 16awg. The switch panel will be fused and I will probably go with a 4-5 panel w/ outlet. The FF will be run directly off the feed and not off a switch. Do most switch panels come with a connection for the main feed or would I have to pigtail the main feed to each switch? Or can I use a second block/bus bar on the positive side, run the main line to it and then link to the switches? Thanks again for the input.
electriclayout.jpg

Latest posts