Wisconsin Dells area 8/3-8/4

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2sac

Reaction score
I put down the bass gear for the weekend and tried my hand at some multispecies action. Spent Saturday on Lake Wisconsin. This was the first time I had ever fished here. I got some basic info from a guy on a local site. We didn't catch anything huge aside from a 10lb carp, action was pretty steady. Lots of juvenile smallmouth, crappies, drum, juvenile largemouth, sauger, white bass, and bluegills. There was so much bait in the water, that artificials outperformed live bait. Day 1 keep was 2 crappie(big one right at 12") and a small keeper smallie.
dells8-3-13001_zps4fabfc62.jpg

Sunday we launched at the Upper Dells. Gulp minnows were todays bait of choice. Dozens and dozens of juvenile smallies, some decent crappies with the biggest of the trip pushing 13", a nice walleye, couple cats, and a 10" bluegill and a bunch of drum. Best part of the trip for me was finding fish with the sonar/imaging and then catching them. The lakes I usually fish are void of any offshore structure and DI/SI is pretty much worthless. I had my doubts about spending the extra money on the imaging until this past weekend. I'm sold on the technology 1000% The walleye, a drum and a smallie were caught as the result of the DI. Wished I had taken some screenshots.
dells8-3-13006_zpsddfcb7de.jpg

dells8-3-13003_zps7a0c38ce.jpg

dells8-3-13002_zps977792ab.jpg

dells8-3-13005_zps62bf0cf2.jpg

dells8-3-13007_zps83f087ec.jpg

Great job!

I was in the dells on the 4th and 5th, but didn't take the boat. Fished from shore on the 6th below the dam in town. Landed small smallmouth and hooked but lost a northern.

Latest posts