I hate water leaks! ---- in the home!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danmyersmn

Reaction score
Grrrr, just venting.

I have a water leak in my main "all the hvac crap goes here" room. I first found a pin hole leak in a 1/8" copper line going to my ice maker. I fixed that and thought I had too much water on the floor from it. I dried out the floor and it stayed dry for a day. This morning it was all wet again. The worst part is that it appears to be three different pools of water. I checked every joint in all the water lines in the room and none of them are wet.

I have a fan blowing to dry it out again and I am going to check it every few hours and run just about every thing in my house and see if I can track it down. If I cant do that then I guess its time to hand sheets all over the place and see if maybe the water is not coming from above but below? Maybe my water softner is leaking. Dunno, **** thing!

leaks suck, and I hope you find the source. We were having a problem last year with a leak from the refrigerator, and I finally found out it was coming from the ice maker line under the refrig. The danged nylon tubing kept popping out of the fitting, and try as I might to find a replacement fitting, I had no luck, so I turned-off the water (had to get under the house :roll: ) to the icemaker. No leaks now and no big deal not having an icemaker. Ice trays work just fine, lol.

Try wrapping some paper towels around the pipe or pipes leading up to the wet spots on the floor before you run all the stuff in the house. That should give you a place to start when you find the furthest point away from the puddles where the towels are wet.