Wow... a white Christmas in Atlanta

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolie

Reaction score
Very cool, we're having the first white Christmas in 128 years in the Atlanta area. The weather folks say we might get up to 3". There was a light dusting in 1993 but apparently that didn't count.

Wish I was on the lake. I understand the fishing is great when it snows.

white here in St. Louis too Poolie. Enjoy it while you can.....I'm ready for it to melt though. Yes....I'm a "snow grinch".

being from St. Louis area, I have fished several times in the snow. Usually dressed and looked like a 7-11 robber, however fishing is usually pretty good. I don't know why. Best time ever however was a float trip on a small stream here in the area. we had about 6" on the ground and the next day was sunny and clear. Fished and caught some nice small mouth and got a lot of wonderful pictures.
Merry Christmas to all you Tin boaters.
Peace
Ron

I will let u have some of our 3 feet if you want! parked the boat for the winter in the pole barn as the water is just a bit to hard to float on for some reason. Wish someone would turn up the heat so I could turn mine down and save a few $$ to work on the tin tub with. :(

Well, I was traveling from Sumter, South Carolina to Douglas, Alabama and when I got to Mile marker #3 on I-20 (before crossing from GA to AL) about 10:30 AM we started seeing the flurries :D , by the time we hit #4 it was a white cloud of flurries :D :D . My wife and boys were very happy =D> =D> . We stopped in at Walgreens to get some batteries for the camera and my wife walks in and starts yelling "It's snowing" and clapping very happily. Everyone in the store just looks at her like she's crazy :shock: . She just looks at them and says "Well it doesn't snow in SC like this so I'm happy"!!!

Great to see the snow on Christmas.

Doug said:
Well, I was traveling from Sumter, South Carolina to Douglas, Alabama and when I got to Mile marker #3 on I-20 (before crossing from GA to AL) about 10:30 AM we started seeing the flurries :D , by the time we hit #4 it was a white cloud of flurries :D :D . My wife and boys were very happy =D> =D> . We stopped in at Walgreens to get some batteries for the camera and my wife walks in and starts yelling "It's snowing" and clapping very happily. Everyone in the store just looks at her like she's crazy :shock: . She just looks at them and says "Well it doesn't snow in SC like this so I'm happy"!!!

Great to see the snow on Christmas.

I bet there's not a loaf of bread or gallon of milk to be had for 20 miles. I don't know why but every time they forecast snow around here people run to the grocery store and buy like $200 of food and milk and bread are a requirement. The worst snow/ice storm I can recall here kept me at home maybe 2 day max... I just don't get it.