The Wife

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMROD

Reaction score
Is not happy with this site!!
I have acquired two new project boats in the last two weeks. A 16' Grumman side console deep V and a 171CC Sea Nymph. Sure hope I can find some good rebuild pics of a Sea Nymph (SN) as it was bought already tore down. Will need an ideal of where some of the braces go. The transom is totally toast on it. The 75 that is on the SN will go onto the Grumman as the 70 on it is basically toast and wool pull the 115 off my old Mako to put on the SN. But before all that heading in for 3 more weeks of work.

A few of the SN. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360556361.112300.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360556399.093976.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360556422.672290.jpg
Had already put the CC in the shed before taking these shots. The 75 had been setting for around 10 years. Put some oil into the cylinders, turned by hand and let set for a while then checked compression. Had 120 on top and middle and 110 on the bottom. Put a gas line on pumped in some fuel and it fired up real easy considering how long it has set. Retested compression afterward and had 120 all around.

Sorry JM don't have them and I am on my way to work. It's a 171CC Sea Nymph Striper. A 17 foot bay boat. I think it's a 1984 model.

Congratulations! Luckily for me, my GF allows me to park OUR boats in her driveway. We're on our fourth and fifth boats.

The restoration is most of the fun for us.

My wife helps me out too! She will move from the front to the middle to right beside me and tells me how she likes it or not!

Very nice looking boats RamRod, also looks like a fun project!! :beer:

Seeing pics of that Gruman makes me regret selling mine some years ago. I just didnt use it enough to justify keeping it. Now that I dont have it I find all sorts of things I wouldnt mind using it for. :roll: