RC Boat Fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I tried it a few years ago. I didn't have the setup this guy had. I just tied a couple of feet of line to the back of the boat and drug the fish to the bank after hooking them. I was just experimenting with it on small to medium size panfish. I found that with my setup a medium size fish would pull my boat around with ease. The boat I was using was only 29 inches long. I was worried if I hooked a bigger fish it would take the boat and I quit fishing with it. It was kind of hard on the battery fighting a fish and the battery would die pretty quick with the small setup I had.

Never tried it, but read an article a long time ago about how guys used RC boats to run lures into the breast of a dam from outside of a no boats allowed zone.
Guess where there is a will there is a way!

Not RC boats but how about surf fishermen using a quadcopter to carry their bait offshore way further than they could ever cast? It would only take one additional servo rigged as a line release. :idea: