Dale Hollow Tourney 10/25/08

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Pulled this announcement from another site:

Anyone in/near the Dale Hollow area:
"The weekend of 25 OCT 08 is the annual Cunningham Memorial Bass Tournament. The KY State Troopers started this tournament over 25 years ago in honor of one of their fallen brave. It is held at Trooper Island on Dale Hollow Lake. The entry fee is $100/boat. You can fish as a team or individually. Friday night will be meeting night with dinner. It is open to whoever would like to fish it."

Definately something to consider when we decide on the Dale Hollow weekend - tentatively, the 3rd weekend in October 2009, but, if the lake is full of tourament fishing boats, we may wish to reconsider? - or, we may wish to participate??

Can any of you Tenn/Ky members let us know more about this event? Is is very large? What part of the lake is Trooper Island? Anything else we should know?

Not sure about the size of the tourney but Trooper Island is on the upper end of the lake close to the Wolf River.

FishingCop said:
Definately something to consider when we decide on the Dale Hollow weekend - tentatively, the 3rd weekend in October 2009, but, if the lake is full of tourament fishing boats, we may wish to reconsider? - or, we may wish to participate??

Personally, I'll be scraping $ to go there to begin with, so I'm pretty sure I'll not have the $ to enter that.

But whatever is decided on that doesn't matter to me. I'm just looking forward to going.

Andy said:
FishingCop said:

Personally, I'll be scraping $ to go there to begin with, so I'm pretty sure I'll not have the $ to enter that.

But whatever is decided on that doesn't matter to me. I'm just looking forward to going.

I wholeheartedly agree - I'm not at all interested in signing up for an all day tournament, nor paying the entry fee. I just threw it out there for consideration by those that might want to participate - IF we even decide to go on that particular weekend.

I've posted some weather info for October (monthly averages) for that area on the Dale Hollow Trip post. Looking at the day-to-day, it definately gets colder toward the end of the month. The monthly average is okay, but turning cooler near the last of the month.

Will the tournament have any impact on the resorts being available. If this held every year, they might be booking places a year in advance.

LegBrkr said:
Will the tournament have any impact on the resorts being available. If this held every year, they might be booking places a year in advance.

That's what I'm here for - research, checking it out, etc., etc., etc., So far, the places I have been in contact with are fully open and no mention of that tournament??? I'm thinking that the Trooper Island Fund raiser tournament, with only 60 boats, is only going to impact on the couple of resorts/marinas in the Wolf River area. I'll be checking into that further when I'm down there next month.

FishingCop said:
Andy said:
FishingCop said:
I've posted some weather info for October (monthly averages) for that area on the Dale Hollow Trip post. Looking at the day-to-day, it definately gets colder toward the end of the month. The monthly average is okay, but turning cooler near the last of the month.

The cooler the weather the better from my experiences on Dale. Atleast as far as the fishing goes.