So I have (very) slowly been working on this project over the winter. Being a new daddy meant time and money were both hard to come by. In addition to that, my wife made a deal with someone at work, so I am getting a 17 foot bass boat. The project has now turned from a passion project to a get it done and sell it project. With that said, I'm still trying to do my best with my limited skill set.
I started by adding in two additional braces to each horizontal support.
I got them all done. I'm clearly not an expert but I tried to do everything the right way within my capabilities to allow this to last a long time. All cuts were done with a jig saw on a balcony with a single saw horse.
I finally removed the old seat support brackets. In hindsight I should have removed these initially to remove the seats. I also shouldn't have scraped the seats. Live and learn.
I'm going to try to rig together the two pairs of seat brackets to make two battery trays.
Next steps that I have planned are to vacuum and clean the inside again. Cover it all with some spray rocker guard, then start inserting foam sheets. I'm looking to get 24 cubic feet in the floor. There won't be any floor storage but I plan for two side cabinets. At least one will be a rod locker and the other either general storage or a second rod locker.
I might build an elevated deck up front a foot pr two back from the front bench just to simplify the battery storage.
I know this should have all been planned out ahead, and most of it was, but plans change.
I am working on treating my side cabinet wood pieces with old timers formula so I think I'm doing that right at least [emoji5]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk