Here we go again.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USSWormy

Reaction score
First off, I have been waiting to post this so its gonna be a long one, and I apologize for that. And thanks for all the info from members on their mods. Got me fired up again, soooo... this followed me home...... could not pass up the deal. The title had "Homemade" on it, but I think its an old Monarch? (1974 Model). Its a 1448, and within 3 to 4", pretty much the same width the entire length of the boat.

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0353-1.jpg

The trailer that came with it was in really bad shape, so I swapped trailers with my V-hull that I sold after I got this one. Then had my cousin weld in a few pcs. of scrap aluminum I got from work to prep the front for the deck...
IMG_0356.jpg

Took it out to the river for to check for leaks, and yes, there were quite a few. after removing the flooring, I found about a half dozen loose rivets. Repaired them, then decided to go ahead and put the roll on bed Liner on the bottom to give a little more piece of mind, and try to do a little preventive maintenance.
IMG_0359.jpg

Then finally got my deck put in. First thing was to spray paint the interior sides (I went with Olive Green camo). I opted for 3/4 exterior, with several coats of Olympic Watergaurd to boot, then carpeted using the 3M Spray adhesive on both the wood and backside of the carpet (only problem was I had to off-set a hinge to make the compartment lid lay flush to the deck, board was kinda warped, but I wasn't going to buy another sheet of exterior just to replace a small piece).. routed the wiring, and mounted the TM. Very stout!

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

Then started the framing for the rear deck, and the cut-out for the chest in the center seat:
IMG_0371_1.jpg

IMG_0370_1.jpg

Got most of the decking and carpeting done on the rear deck, and well as installed the switch panel, with no major issues... I will post pics of that a little later. Thanks,

A few picks of the rear deck after I completed it....

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0389-1.jpg

IMG_0391-3.jpg

I also plan on installing some Bluewater LED's on the front and rear deck's and post pictures of them as well

I ordered some new registration stickers from DNR, and as soon as I receive those, I will be starting on painting the outside of the hull, put on new numbers and start new bunks, trailer mods. I will post pictures as they progress. Thanks,

Awesome job man - even for a Gamecock!!

I got those same lights, so you need to let me know how they light up your boat and if they mess with your vision while out on the water. I got quite a few sets of them to put around the boat too... I went with green on Mike's suggestion, so I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with them..

I can't wait to restart the modding on my boat so I can be done with it!

russ010 said:
I got those same lights, so you need to let me know how they light up your boat and if they mess with your vision while out on the water. I got quite a few sets of them to put around the boat too...
I'm interested in how the work as well. I am thinking of getting some for mine as when I start the rebuild.

Also do you have any pictures of the switch panel used to control them?