new member! project starting soon!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler00

Reaction score
hello everyone! my name is steve and live in northrn minnesota, where i guide part time and work as a machinist full time. i was looking for ideas on how to modify my jon boat to make clients more comfortable, and stumbled upon this site. after a couple hours of browsing the site, i got alot of new ideas! this project should be a whole lot of fun now that i can share it with people that enjoy the same thing!( the wife just hears "blah, blah, blah") :LOL2: anyways, heres what i have to work with, its a 1981 14' ouachita jon boat, when i bought it it had a 20 hp johnson on it, i've since then sold the motor for a more updated one, just need to buy it now!! i'm looking adding storage and a small livewell, front deck, rear deck, and floor. also will be adding fresh paint and full camo graphics. here's the only pic that i have of it right now, but will get more up soon!

001-4.jpg

Welcome!

Make sure to check out Ouachita's mod on his Ouachita :LOL2: Those boats look like a great hull to work with. Look forward to seeing your progress and some pics of your guided trips.

:WELCOME: Aboard. You will get alot of great ideas from this site. Plenty of talented folks here. Looking forward to seeing your mod pic's.

Doug

Welcome! I'm new here as well, and was attracted by the smart guys and gals here. Hope your project goes as planned.