Flooring question?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graybeard

Reaction score
I'm sure I can find the answer here somewhere, but I'm kind of in a hurry, of course. I'm putting a floor in my jon, I've got the fiber board cut for in between the ribs, and was wondering how heavy of plywood I need. I'm thinking as long as it's supported completely underneath, 7/16 should be good enough. Will that work? Thanks for any help you can offer!

I've just started putting my floor in as well and I'm using 7/16". In the rough fit it seems to hold up fine and I don't even have the foam between the ribs yet. I don't know how far apart your ribs are, I haven't measured mine either, but in a 58" run I have 5 ribs.

I cut my foam, between the ribs varies from 15.5 inches to 14. What is available is 1/2 or 3/8 inch plywood. I'm thinking about just going with the 3/8, as it will all be supported underneath. Then I'm gonna try that foam sealer along the sides of the floor, hopefully I can keep the mud out from underneath.

I am working on my 14 ft. v-hull and I am using 15/32 and it is working fine. Took it out yesterday on the lake for a test run to check for any leaks. Everything works fine ...no leaks..plywood holding up just fine..just be sure to use enough braces.

Are there any scrap yards in your area? I always use wood as a last resort. I recently found 1/4" thick plates for my project for cheaper than plywood.

Latest posts