1448 speed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowesam

Reaction score
does anyone know what kinda of speed or performance i should expect from a G3 1448 with a 25 merc on the back, i'm used to a fourstroke 9.9 on a 1436 so everything else is fast to me. i was just wondering what to expect.
thanks
sam

Dave11 said:
If it just the aluminum hull and you were by yourself, I bet you could get over 30 mph. I have a fully modded 1448 with a 9.8hp and I can get 18 mph by myself.

I hope this helps.

I have a 1648 with a 40 horse and barely hit 30 by myself. Its not that much more boat than a 1448.

I have a 1448 Ultra Jon with a Nissan 25 and by the GPS I will run 28-29 at WOT. My boat is also modified with 3/4" deck front and rear. Also added a steering console converted from a tiller.

Remember, it's all in the prop!

Even a cool 24 or 25 would be pretty good for that boat. You could cover a lot of ground quickly.

i'm really excited about this new combination, with the fourstroke 9.9 it felt like it took forever to get anywhere, even just by myself in the boat, i'm not sure what the mph were in that boat, other than not much, so i'm really really excited to see what the new boat will do. i'm especially excited about it being so much wider, as i don't think i'll get nearly as wet as i used to in rougher water.
thanks
sam

well i took the boat out for a test run this afternoon as i got off of work a couple hours early, and my gosh was i surprised, i was a little worried cuz all my buddies kept saying 25 horse is a just a little small isn't it,even though the boat is only rated for a max of 25 hp. the boat stands right up and planes out very very quickly, and with two guys ( i'm about 190, and my dad is prolly 250 lbs.), i'm gonna guess it's getting about 28 or so mph, needless to say i am very very pleased with my new rig.

thanks,
sam