Oh MAN! I'm "that other guy"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a Hack

Reaction score
You know when people buy a used alum. to modify and the thread goes something like this,"I have to take it all apart and do it over because the last guy..."? And the last guy did something inappropriate to the boat? After looking around on this site, I think I might be that dude!!!!! :oops:

But, this site will help me not do crazy things to my boat, like coat rivets in PVC pipe glue and stuff like that!!! And maybe do proper electricity work on my craft!!

Thanks! This site rules.

JAH

Just a Hack said:
You know when people buy a used alum. to modify and the thread goes something like this,"I have to take it all apart and do it over because the last guy..."? And the last guy did something inappropriate to the boat? After looking around on this site, I think I might be that dude!!!!! :oops:

But, this site will help me not do crazy things to my boat, like coat rivets in PVC pipe glue and stuff like that!!! And maybe do proper electricity work on my craft!!

Thanks! This site rules.

JAH
:LOL2: Awesome!

:WELCOME: aboard man!

:WELCOME: aboard. I'd like to thank you for all you have done poorly so that so many of us have the chance to re-do it less poorly. :LOL22:

Just kidding of course.

:roflmao: Someone just came into my office to see why I started laughing out loud. :LOL2:

:WELCOME: Aboard!!!

your not the only one, I've been the "what was he thinking?" previous owner before.

Here is "The Somali Taxi" in all its glory! I tore out the carpet, so I looks even less sexy now! I caught a good bass with it today and it didn't leak a drop.

dadboatatbuckley.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
somalitaxiathome.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
somalitaxihackwiring.th.jpg
[/url][/img]
buckleybassjune18.th.jpg
[/url][/img] The boat works!

Just a Hack said:

I wouldn't worry about it. Though some may not want to admit it, I think many of us have been in that category. Most weren't born knowing how to fix stuff and probably made a hash of plenty of things along the way. I think there are several things that unite the people on this site. Some like to fix things and some have to. Most would rather use their heads then their credit cards because the challenge is half the fun. Some know a lot and some know they don't know much; knowing the difference and not being afraid to ask will go a long way. Pardon the expression, but most are in the same boat here. Members are interested in figuring stuff out, knowing how someone else figured stuff out and showing off the result. You'll do fine.