12 ft v just started

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro963

Reaction score
Heres my project. A 50$ boat. Been looking around the sight, lots of nice looking boats guys. Gives me lots of ideas. Hey if anyone could tell me the manufacturer of this boat it would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• Photo0027 (1).jpg
    Photo0027 (1).jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 359
  • Photo0026.jpg
    Photo0026.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 359
  • Photo0028.jpg
    Photo0028.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 359
  • Photo0010.jpg
    Photo0010.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 359
Ahoy Matey!!! Looks like you got your money's worth on that boat. That's a cool motor. What's the background on that thing? It looks aircooled?

clarkbre said:
Ahoy Matey!!! Looks like you got your money's worth on that boat. That's a cool motor. What's the background on that thing? It looks aircooled?

The motor is air cooled but the leg is water cooled. The cooling water runs through that water jacket right below the handles. Clinton went of business in the early eighties I believe. They also supplied motors for Eska and Sears outboards. Kinda neat motor the j-300 was only made in 1971 as far as I can find. Guy who had it siad it had been sitting for ten years. Still had the factory spark plug in it, but fresh gas and a new plug and it fired right up.