1436 vs 1648 (pics added)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cali27

Reaction score
Ok so I currently have a 1436 and I am looking to upgrade to a 1648. I have found one that I think is a great deal (pics to come tonight when i get home). I am wanting to upgrade because I want a bigger boat to be able to fish some small club tournaments etc. My question is will this 1648 give me what I am looking for? I have never been in a 1648 personally. Any info or opinions welcome please.

I went from a 1236 to a 1448 and man, what a difference. I could have fit the first inside the second, bigger boat. Way more stable. Higher sides so no more issues with waves/wakes so I don't have to be a calm water only fisherman anymore. Can fit 2 with lots of room to move. Lots of storage possibilities. Higher HP capacity. The list goes on...I was worried about having to deal with a bigger boat for parking and maneuvering at the ramp and it's no harder and in some ways easier because you can see the boat more easily out the back window. Can't speak to your specific needs but if you're going on lakes where gas-powered is ok, it should be good. If you're going to fish on electric only lakes maybe not, but perhaps others can address that issue as I do not use my TM for getting to/from the fishing hole.

I fished bass tournaments out of a 1648 all summer. Gets the job done.

Obviously, if money allows, you should go bigger. 1754 is about the minimum to comfortably tournament fish 2 people. But when fishing one on one tournaments this year, I was beyond comfortable in my 1648. Plenty stable and small enough to get in and out of dock systems without too much of a headache.

here is the 1648

newboat065.jpg

newboat066.jpg

newboat068.jpg

newboat069.jpg

The only down side is the big 16 will be heavier.
Do you fish many ponds?
A light 14 can be launched anywhere.
You will need a ramp for a 1648.

Thanks for all your input guys. The seller and I have made a deal and as soon as I get him his payment the boat is mine.

I have some great ideas for this boat and I cant wait to get my hands on it.

I will start a conversion mod as soon as I can.

Latest posts