3M 5200

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

levron41

Reaction score
I recently bought a tube, 10oz, of 5200. My plan was to use it on multiple boats and have it for a couple of months. On the back it says that it must be used within 24-48hrs.
Does anyone have any experience with the shelf life of this stuff? I was just going to put a nail in the end when I was done and come back to it later.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and or comments!!!

I dont think it mean you have to use the whole thing in 24 to 48 hrs. Ive had 5200 in a tube for more than 3 months with the cap on it and the top cloggs up but when you remove that peice its still good. So I don't think you have to use the entire tube in 48 hrs.

I have the 4200 and it said something similar...like the whole tube had to be used.

I think hey say that to sell more tubes HAHAHA

Just like MDFisherman57, mine is a few months old and it still works fine...

My buddy bought some over the weekend for me to use installing a couple of fish finders on his boat and the tube was already 90% set up before it was even opened.

I wonder how long that stuff had been sitting on the shelf. :roll:

We use it pretty regularly and we have never really had an issue. We also store ours in a referigerator to keep it from getting too hot. I know it takes about 24-48 hours for it to fully cure (depending on temp)

Dang I chunked mine in the trash even though I only used 20% of the tube because of exactly what levron described on the back of the package. I wish I would have read about some of yall storing it for months with no problems #-o