need help with a leak in my jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guppymatt

Reaction score
Just finished puting a deck on my 12 ft john boat,but one problem it had a leak in it from last year i floated the boat out an found leaks tryed to put jb weld over all the rivits but did not work anyone have any other ideas need to get this boat running im involed in a bass clubs an tournys soon Thanks Matt

Have you tried "water weld" by JB WELD? We have had decent luck with it......scuff the area GOOD with 80 grit till it is nice and clean...wipe it off with white vinegar,let it dry and put the least amount that you need on the rivet,spread it in and mash it down tight.......make sure and kneed it really good too before you put it on.... let it cure for a few days and that "should" heal it up. [-o< :)

Agree, I used Marine JB on my boat. It seems to be more liquid and will run into the cracks better. Make sure you let it cure before you do anything to it. My boat had a couple of 1/2" cracks in the bottom and the JB did a nice job on them.

At my local Home Depot I went looking for the water weld and they had this stuff called aluma-weld. It is a two part putty type epoxy just like the water-weld. It fixed my hairline crack leak in my boat very easily. All I did was rub it down with some rubbing alcohol and put it on there.