Pedestals...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "better" one is going to be the one that suits your needs best.

Springfield makes a quality product.

The Springfield is a removable post seat. The others are fixed I believe.

I rarely find any product with "Economy" in the name to be a better product.

Mattman said:
The "better" one is going to be the one that suits your needs best.

Springfield makes a quality product.

The Springfield is a removable post seat. The others are fixed I believe.

I rarely find any product with "Economy" in the name to be a better product.

no not that exact product. i just mean in general. thx.

Jim said:
I personally would go with one that you can remove the post when not needed or for transportation. :D

haha. o well i got a 7 inch fixed mount like last week. i dont plan to put them down anyway. i got my jeep jacked up on 33's =P. maybe i can see over the boat.

Part of the problem with fixed pedestals is that if you for some reason or another want to remove it, ya gotta unbolt it. Also, it doesn't matter if your Jeep has 33's or 44's for that matter, if you can't see over the seat when you're motoring along on the lake. I like to remove my forward seat when I'm up on plane for a better view and more safety.

flounderhead59 said:
Part of the problem with fixed pedestals is that if you for some reason or another want to remove it, ya gotta unbolt it. Also, it doesn't matter if your Jeep has 33's or 44's for that matter, if you can't see over the seat when you're motoring along on the lake. I like to remove my forward seat when I'm up on plane for a better view and more safety.

lol i was just kidding. but it looks like a hassel to put the plates in the deck. how would i put them in the deck?

tompatt said:
but it looks like a hassel to put the plates in the deck. how would i put them in the deck?

Without looking at your particular install I would say you would need to drill a clearance hole for the post base and 4-8 screw holes to hold the plate down (depending on how ever many holes the manufaturer put in it). Drill the clearance hole first and put the pedestal in place and then mark and drill the screw holes.

flounderhead59 said:
tompatt said:
but it looks like a hassel to put the plates in the deck. how would i put them in the deck?

Without looking at your particular install I would say you would need to drill a clearance hole for the post base and 4-8 screw holes to hold the plate down (depending on how ever many holes the manufaturer put in it). Drill the clearance hole first and put the pedestal in place and then mark and drill the screw holes.

into the bench? which base should i use? can u give me the link?

I was referring to the Springfield pedestal you had originally linked in your first post. Are you planning on putting the pedestal on a bench seat or a deck? Post a picture with an "X" or arrow showing where you are planning on putting it and that would help clear some confusion.

flounderhead59 said:
I was referring to the Springfield pedestal you had originally linked in your first post. Are you planning on putting the pedestal on a bench seat or a deck? Post a picture with an "X" or arrow showing where you are planning on putting it and that would help clear some confusion.

heres a pic. the will be a piece of plywood in between the pedestal and bench. like in the pic. but the front will have a deck. im just worried about the back bench.

seats.jpg
[/img]

On a completely different subject, check the inside of that fuel tank. Those old metal ones are prone to rust, and will gum up the carbs so quick. If it were me, I would spend the 25 bucks to get a plastic tank instead. Even a 3 gallon would be more than plenty for that boat, as it should go about 2.5 hours on a 3 gallon tank at full throttle. Though that doesn't seem like much, keep in mind that you don't use gas while fishing, just heading to and from spots, and 2.5 hours at full throttle in a jon is absolute torture.

bassboy1 said:
On a completely different subject, check the inside of that fuel tank. Those old metal ones are prone to rust, and will gum up the carbs so quick. If it were me, I would spend the 25 bucks to get a plastic tank instead. Even a 3 gallon would be more than plenty for that boat, as it should go about 2.5 hours on a 3 gallon tank at full throttle. Though that doesn't seem like much, keep in mind that you don't use gas while fishing, just heading to and from spots, and 2.5 hours at full throttle in a jon is absolute torture.

lol yea thats wat i was thinking. i dont like that metal one(came with boat) its too heavy.