Anchor reel

Boating related questions,small projects, custom work and talk go here.
Nowakezone

Anchor reel

Post by Nowakezone »

New to boat ownership, I have seen a couple pictures of a reel system for your anchor. Where can I get on of these? Also, what size anchor would I need to keep me in place on inland lakes with a 12' tin boat?
"There is NOTHING--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
- Kenneth Grahame

fender66

Anchor reel

Post by fender66 »

Nowakezone wrote:New to boat ownership, I have seen a couple pictures of a reel system for your anchor. Where can I get on of these? Also, what size anchor would I need to keep me in place on inland lakes with a 12' tin boat?
Hey Nowakezone.........Welcome to the TinBoats family. We're happy to have you on board.

As for the anchor system...I think the most common one is the AnchorMate brand. Here is a link to it at Bass Pro: https://www.basspro.com/Worth-Anchormat ... /838/63594

As for the size anchor....that will depend on how calm/rough the water is along with the depth. I can't really answer any better.
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

Ictalurus

Anchor reel

Post by Ictalurus »

Nowakezone wrote:Also, what size anchor would I need to keep me in place on inland lakes with a 12' tin boat?
I have an 8 LB mushroom anchor on my 1448, works just fine (I haven't tried it in hurricane force winds though).

Andy Taylor

Anchor reel

Post by Andy Taylor »

10 to 12 lbs.

Nowakezone

Anchor reel

Post by Nowakezone »

Thanks guys, glad I found you all!
"There is NOTHING--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
- Kenneth Grahame