Tried my hand at some camo

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
View attachment 1

This is my first try at camo. Tried to get it close to the pattern on the boat. Guess I'd better keep trying! LOL

It's a seat storage box in case anyone is wondering.

I'd better clarify that the boat is tracker factory camo.

fishingmich said:
I like it. How hard was that? That's badass!

The hardest part was cutting out my stencils with a little money clip knife because I was too lazy to go out in the cold garage to get a proper one.

Other than that really easy. Some things I will do different next time is the boat has a lot more different patterns. I saved the stencils I made so next time I'll make some more and have a good collection. (about the time I'm through with the boat lol)

Primer first then painted solid olive. Black for the big shapes then just a touch of the light color which I don't remember what it was.

This was the camo paint they sell at ace hardware, next time I think just some regular flat colors will get me closer to what the boat color is.

One of the things I've found in painting "natural" patterns is going from sharp clean lines to a softer edge in your mind as you paint. It's almost like trying to make yourself do the opposite of what you would want in a paint job. Slight overspray to soften an edge, etc.

As they say, there's no straight lines in nature.