Built a cradle today. Pretty happy with how it turned out

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grossman

Reaction score
Built this cradle today to keep the boat high and dry when not in use. Took an afternoon but I'm quite happy with how it turned out. $80 in pressure treated lumber, old rollers we've had lying around the garage for years, the mast/winch off an old boat trailer we don't use and some sweat.

Rollers are sandwiched between 2x6's with galvananized tube as axles. boat slides right up and down nice and easy. Worked out better then I thought it would. Engine is in "shallow running" in that picture and is about 3" from touching the bottom, so it's good.

I have some wheels I can bolt onto the bottom and I integrated a little loop into the "tongue" fits over the lawn tractor hitch ball to easily pull it out at the end of the season.

Anyway, sorry if some of this doesn't make sense. I'm a few beers into celebrating at this point. :D

Attachments

• Kawartha Lakes-20130807-00023.jpg
    Kawartha Lakes-20130807-00023.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 531
  • Kawartha Lakes-20130807-00024.jpg
    Kawartha Lakes-20130807-00024.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 531
Looks great,nice job.
The pressure treated wood "might" be a problem over time,where it's in direct contact with your aluminum boat.
I say might because I'm not 100% sure,maybe buy some cheap cutting boards and attach them to the wood.
It would make the boat slide even easier and it wouldn't be in direct contact with the wood.

Anyways,hope I didn't ruin your buzz.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=325174#p325174 said:
Zum » 07 Aug 2013, 17:23[/url]"]Looks great,nice job.
The pressure treated wood "might" be a problem over time,where it's in direct contact with your aluminum boat.
I say might because I'm not 100% sure,maybe buy some cheap cutting boards and attach them to the wood.
It would make the boat slide even easier and it wouldn't be in direct contact with the wood.

Anyways,hope I didn't ruin your buzz.

Nope, buzz is going strong. Haha. The boat isn't touching the wood. Its actually sitting up on rubber rollers. Hard to see in those pics. :)

Good to hear,both things that is.
I looked real hard at them pictures,guess I should of asked first.

Latest posts