88 miles per hour!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vapiper

Reaction score
Well no, not really lol I was only hitting 8 mph at best then my prop spun .....the nose would stay in the air...at full throttle it only sounded like it was at half throttle (engine working too hard?)

New prop, hydrofoil, went a click down on the trim settings.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410391765.111117.jpg

After taking it out the first try I was at the original trim peg setting but with the foil and new prop I hit 10.....nose was still pretty high so stopped and moved it down to the next trim setting (hoping I don't lose the peg in the river lol) then went at it again after a little fishing...I mean little ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410391911.077211.jpg

And wham! 15 in rough water nose stayed planted and ran smoother , as smooth as it could for the conditions letting the v bottom do it's job....

Very happy with the outcome...can't wait to go out in more favorable conditions!!

https://vimeo.com/105816501

Video is prior to making the trim adjustment....was getting to hairy out there to try my luck videoing so didn't do another after the trim setting was made lol

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=365960#p365960 said:
Captain Ahab » 10 Sep 2014, 22:11[/url]"]You are screaming now!

After my first two runs and the lack of performance I am more than pleased with this out come....and from reading around the interwebz it would appear 15 mph out of an old 15hp 2 stroke seems very adequate ...especially considering the very rough conditions....

Now will be waiting to see how she does with two people and more gear....also time to start adding features like rod holders and such ....

it is a great feeling when the boat does what it should do and what you want it to do. you will probably have to tweek it some more after you add weight.

Might want to play the weight distribution game with a 5 gal bucket of water or cooler, etc., and see what that does if anything before you make any more changes