Mounts or racks to hold Crossbows...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juggernot

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas or made one? I'm gonna try to fab some system to hold 2 Xbows vertically to the side of my boat. I'm thinking pieces of alum. channel screwed to the floor w some firm padding to hold the stirrups and another on the side of the boat to hold/clamp the foregrip w velcro.

Crossbows in a tin boat? That sounds better sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Although not nearly as effective as your weapons of choice for slaying fish, to stow an oar in my boat I've used mating pieces of adhesive backed velcro stuck back-to-back and screwed them to a bench seat (using a cup washer with the screw). Then, just as one would use velcro to tie up the cord of a laptop power supply, the velco straps hold the oar (or crossbow) in place.

Good luck,

Scott

The +bows will be used for hunting Deer not fish. I have hatched a plan. I'm going to mount 2 pieces of alum. channel to the floor w padding in the channels to hold the stirrups securely and 2 more padded channels screwed to the sides to hold the foregrips to the side of the boat w the bows held vertically and secured w velcro straps. They will be out of the way and hopefully secure enough to absorb some light pounding on my journeys w/o the scopes being affected.

I'm looking at doing Rifle/Shotgun mounting in my rod box. Anyone else have something for their rifles? I've got to do something for bows&Xbows too, hunting Gators next month!

.....well it's a year later and I finally have a pretty good prototype. It involves a 4x4 PVC fence post sleeve, a treated decking board, electronics packaging rigid bubble foam, strips of Velcro and water pipe insulation. It holds the +bow securely and isolates it from any jolt's/pounding. I'm gonna do a shakedown next week and if it goes well I'll copy it for the next one .......... I'll post some pics soon.