Trolling motor mount

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonmac

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Trolling motor for my flat bottom john boat and am looking for ideas on a mount.
It is a bow mount motor and I don't know how to mount it without it looking real bad.

so if anyone has some good ideas or pictures of your setup I would like to see and hear them.

thanks.

You should post up the brand and size of your boat so members can know what they are dealing with. Suggest you google your boat and select images, and you can get some ideas from that as well.

I stole this from a post I found here on the forum.

N4Qfi.jpg

It is a G3 1544 flat bottom, and the trolling motor is a Minn Kota 50 pound thrust.
I tried to post a picture and couldn't seem to do it.

Something like the one in the picture is what I would like to do, does anyone have an idea about what gauge the material is?

I made mine out of .100" aluminum, but I'm real picky. .080" is fine as long as you don't get carried away with the length and width. I built the one on dad's 1436 out of .063", and it works well too as long as he doesn't hit anything.

you could find a shop that deals with aluminum plate and have them bend you a mount that mounts flush with the bow and bolt it on to your boat usualy about $20 or so .I use 6"x1/4 and mount it to the left side of the deck . try to get your trolling motor to run as level or a little uphill in the front of the motor part when deployed , it will shuck weeds a little better