What do you keep your fishing gear in, in your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
For the last year I've been struggling with my tackle box. I've tried several, and finally settled on an old jansport backpack with a bunch of small plastic boxes inside. However this makes getting out a new lure a pain in the ***. But at least things are well organized.

How do you keep your gear in your boat? What works well for you?

I have the plano 787. Its bulky and heavy but i like it. I hate the zippers On the bags. Nothing ruins your day like mono caught in a zipper.

Plano Flex-N-Go 3600 series here. You can get more of the small strap-in boxes and take different tackle depending on your needs for the day. Sometimes you can even find tackle assortments packaged in those boxes 8)

plano_3650_flex_n_go_satchel_1307451_1_og.jpg

plano_3650_flex_n_go_satchel_1307451_2_og.jpg

0071933907775_500X500.jpg

What is this tackle stuff you mention?

I keep my bobber and hook on my rod at all times.

plastic compartmental boxes in a bag.

Loose Plano trays stored under the front deck. I have a few tackle webz nets on the boat and keep the trays I'm most likely to use in those on a given trip.

I have a big 'ol kid's school bag from Wal Mart. Has nice zippered side pockets that fit plano boxes nicely, mesh outer pockets for scissors, tools and other misc. stuff, and a big, open middle section.

Soft plastics, I keep in Ziplock bags in the middle.
Jigs, I keep in a big-mouth clear screw lid canister that nuts or popcorn came in
Small jigs, hooks, crappie-lures and so on go in a plano box
Everything else goes in a plano box or in a ziplock bag.

I use a lot of soft plastics, so my bag weighs as much as a battery! But I put it in a corner, unzip the tops of the pockets and then unzip the middle section, and I can get to everything in a few seconds. It works so well, my lazy friends are in the bad habit of just getting stuff from my bag, because it's easier than their complicated systems. Losers!

-TH

I have a big 'ol kid's school/duffel bag from Wal Mart. Sits flat, on a rubberized bottom. Has nice zippered side pockets that fit plano boxes perfectly, mesh outer pockets for scissors, tools and other misc. stuff, and a big, open middle section. It looks just like the expensive tackle bags, but only cost something like $19.

As far as where I keep my stuff...
Soft plastics- I keep in separate Ziplock bags in the middle.
Jigs, scissors and superglue- I keep in a big-mouth clear screw lid canister that caramel popcorn came in.
Small jigs, hooks, crappie-lures and so on go in a plano box
Everything else goes in a different plano box or in a ziplock bag, depending.

I carry a LOT of stuff, so my bag weighs as much as a TM battery! The demise is always the handles tearing out. When on the boat, I put it in a corner that's out of the way, and unzip it enough to get in, and I can get to everything in a seconds.

This system works so well that my lazy friends are in the bad habit of just getting stuff from my bag, because it's easier than their complicated "tackle" systems. When I tell them to get their own stuff, they whine like a 3 year old. Losers!

-TH